Paleo Rice and Organic Grass Fed Sausage
Most people who begin the conversion into the Primal/Paleo lifestyle usually struggle trying to remove rice and grains from their diet. Julian Bakery makes a great product called Miracle Rice that is practically carb free. I use Miracle Rice in numerous dishes because it can be used just like rice or noodles. Being that I have been grain free for the last couple of years, I have become a big fan of Miracle Rice and many of the other Julian Bakery low carb products. In this recipe I use Miracle Rice, but you can use Miracle Noodles if you so desire.
As with almost all my Primal/Paleo approved recipes, this bad boy is quick and to the point. Not to say it is just about shoveling something down your throat, as this is truly a delicious recipe for the ages!
– Prepare your sausage (I’m using a half-pound of ground sausage from (www.Da-Le-Ranch.com) this usually makes enough for two people.
– Rinse your Miracle Rice and place to the side.
– Chop about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro and 1/2 cup of kale and place to the side.
– Pre-heat your pan (medium temperature) that you will be cooking with and melt 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
– Begin to cook your sausage in the pan you prepared with coconut oil.
– (Optional) add about a teaspoon of turmeric to your sausage.
– Add about 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
– Once your sausage begins to brown add in the cilantro and kale.
– Simply cook until the cilantro and kale are tender.
– Poor in the entire bag of Miracle Rice and mix together.
– Add about 2 tablespoons of organic gluten free soy sauce.
– Add sea salt to taste (usually a couple pinches) and you are done.
This is an incredibly simple healthy meal. Most people are intimidated by cooking healthy, but I can prepare, eat my meal and clean my dishes before you can go to the closest toxic fast food joint and get your food. Best part, it is far cheaper than that chemical filled meal that will wreck your health and increase your waistline.
Gary Collins’ Background
Collins’ background is very unique and brings a much-needed perspective to today’s fields of both health and nutrition. He holds an AS degree in Exercise Science, BS in Criminal Justice and a MS in Forensic Science.
After an exciting career in military intelligence Collins worked for the U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a Special Agent. His career took him around the world and gave him a unique perspective on not only how the United States, but the world is affected by our food, drug and healthcare policies.
The highlights of his career took him from protecting some of the most powerful people in the world to investigations involving the biggest tainted pet food death case in the U.S. to the intricate dealings of one of the largest counterfeit prescription drug rings in the world. He has often said, “If Americans really knew what was going on in the area of healthcare and nutrition in this country, they would be appalled.”
Products – www.NewAmericanNutrition.com
Blog, newsletter, resources and products – www.GarysHealthTips.com
Facebook – www.Facebook.com/NewAmericanNutrition
Twitter – twitter.com/PrimalPaleoGuy