Pesto fans rejoice!! If you’ve been craving a great Italian style pesto dish, this might be that special Paleo pesto recipe you deserve! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Paleo Pesto Pasta with Beef & Olives.” Julian Bakery sells some incredible cookbooks, and The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking has been our “go to” resource for some really tasty meals! Tonight’s dish has now become my first “pesto” meal that was truly Paleo, and I’m glad we stumbled onto this lovely book!
And with a few minor change ups, we are sealing the deal on this one; making sure it comes out that much more Paleo! With the addition of Paleo Fettuccini to the spaghetti squash, we are enjoying quite a contrast in textures, flavors, and nutrients…. As well as bumping up the fiber content, to ensure that we are staying satiated with less caloric intake. Next up, a couple tablespoons of the one and only Paleo Butter; a French style ghee with high concentrations of CLA Tonalin, Vitamin A, Vitamin K2, and Vitamin D. The cream is first cultured in a traditional French method and then clarified to remove any remaining lactose and dairy solids. The flavor is rich and perfect for all sorts of cooking, as well as adding flavor. So if you have issues with dairy and butter isn’t cooperating with you, try some Paleo Butter! We use some of the best salts on the planet; Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt to be exact. It’s a pure Mediterranean sea salt combined with pink Alaea Hawaiian sea salt, supplying our bodies with critical trace elements. You certainly can’t say that about table salt!
• 2 large spaghetti squash (we used one extra-large spaghetti squash)
• 1 bag Paleo Fettuccini
• 2 cups fresh basil, packed
• 1 clove garlic, smashed
• 1/3 cup walnuts (original recipe calls for pine nuts, but Rach isn’t a fan)
• 1 clove garlic, smashed
• ½ cup lemon juice
• ½ cup olive oil
• ½ tsp Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt
• 2 tbsp Paleo Butter
• ½ yellow onion, diced
• 2 lbs ground beef
•Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 cup Kalamata olives
1) Preheat oven to 425F
2) Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
3) Place the spaghetti squash halves in a baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes.
4) In a food processor, make the pesto by pulsing the basil, garlic and walnuts together.
5) Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt to the food processor, and blend until smooth. Set the pesto aside.
6) Heat the Paleo Butter in a large skillet over medium-heat.
7) Add the diced onion, and sauté until the onion is soft.
8) Add the ground beef to the skillet, and season with Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
9) Continue to sauté until the beef has fully cooked. Set aside.
10) Once the spaghetti squash has fully baked, remove it from the oven, and shred it with a fork.
11) Boil water, and add your Paleo Fettuccini. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
12) Toss the squash noodles and Paleo Fettuccini with the pesto, adding the seasoned ground beef and olives.
• 15 minutes
• 30 minutes
Incredibly delicious, taking me back to the days when my mom made traditional pasta dishes with pesto… Except without the grains, gluten, or any of that inflammation! Yeah, I said inflammation, and if you are wondering what I’m talking about, it’s the fact that the Paleo lifestyle (and dare I say “diet”) is all about decreasing inflammation. Wheat, gluten, grains, soy, legumes, and most dairy is inflammatory on our gut and our bodies. And since we’ve replaced tradition pasta with Paleo Fettuccini, as well as butter with Paleo Butter, we’ve eliminated those inflammatory ingredients and we are decreasing possible aches, pains and gut issues! And we’ve got some great items like garlic, onion, parsley, and lots of healthy fats to really put a squash on things and keep it Paleo.
And since Julian Bakery also makes the best bread ever, I’m going to totally enjoy a slice of almond Paleo Bread with this “Paleo Pesto Pasta”…. Like the good ‘ole days back at my mom’s! Paleo Bread is made with almond and/or coconut, apple cider vinegar, purified water, psyllium, and other natural items… Talk about low inflammation, your Wonder Bread doesn’t come close! And it’s soy free, GMO free, grain and gluten free, as well as being yeast and dairy free! But it doesn’t stop there!!! Since it’s loaded with protein and fiber, it keeps you fuller longer, and it’s also low in calories and carbohydrates!
Thanks for checking out this wonderful food blog using Julian Bakery products. In order to duplicate it, you can go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo to get the Paleo products and cookbook that we used to make this come alive! Thanks again, I hope you enjoyed this meal, and have a healthy and happy day!
Also Check Out: