I am excited to share another tempting low carb, gluten free, Paleo dinner recipe that I made Christmas Eve. This dish included Zero Carb Miracle Rice™ which I picked up from the Julian Bakery. This Paleo Beef Stew was OUTSTANDING! I don’t usually get excited about beef stew but this one took the cake, so to speak. The flavor was amazing and the Miracle Rice™? All I can say is that I fall more and more in love with this zero carb, gluten free rice every time I have it. It absorbed every ounce of the grass fed chuck roast’s essence. I was seriously impressed and I WILL be making it again. This beautiful Beef Stew creation was found, once again, in the book Paleo Comfort Foods by Julie & Charles Mayfield on page 166. I just added the Miracle Rice™ as a foundation and I think it worked out quite nicely. Hurry up, Paleo Nate. Just get to the good stuff. You got it.
- 7oz. bag of Paleo Rice Aka Miracle Rice™
- 3 medium cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 4 anchovies
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 lbs. of organic, grass fed chuck roast, cubed and patted dry
- 4 pieces of Applegate Organics® turkey bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 large organic onions, chopped
- 4 medium organic carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 cups of red wine
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of fresh organic thyme
- 2 cups of organic green beans
- Organic parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- In a small bowl, mash together the garlic and anchovies, stir in the tomato paste and set aside
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and working in sections, add the grass fed chuck roast meat
- Brown for 6 minutes per side, then flip over with tongs
- Remove from the pot and add other meat and repeat process, set meat aside on a plate
- Fry turkey bacon pieces in the pan until crispy
- Add the onions and carrots to the pot, stirring to loosen any of the browned bits on the bottom of the pan
- Add in the anchovy/garlic paste and stir until well combined
- Add in the almond flour and cook until it is rather dried out
- Stir in the wine, and simmer to let the wine reduce somewhat
- Add the broth, bay leaves and thyme, and bring to a boil
- Add the meat back to the liquid mixture and cover
- Place in the oven for 1 ½ – 2 hours or until meat is super tender
- Stir in the green beans and let cook another 5-10 minutes
- Prepare the Miracle Rice™ per the packaging directions & plate
- Place the Beef Stew onto the Rice, garnish with parsley and devour!
- 20 minutes+
- 180 minutes+
- 1 person (you will have leftover Beef Stew for sure)
Now, this one took awhile to cook but was SO worth it. All I can say is try it out and see what I mean. First-class dish! Be sure to let me know your thoughts in the comments.
I hope you have a blessed Christmas (those who celebrate it, of course). Stay tuned for another exceptional and healthy meal made from my kitchen Paleo style.
Thanks so much for reading about my journey to the complete Paleo lifestyle. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. I hope you enjoyed my video as well. Remember to get healthy and stay there!
By: Paleo Nate
Check Out This Other Zero Carb Meal: http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-salmon-rollups-with-miracle-noodles/