With an amazing red wine reduction, this meal is going to keep you coming back for more and more! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “The Tipsy Piggy”. We threw this meal together the other night, and it was so good that I could not wait to enjoy it in sandwich form, using Julian Bakery’s Paleo Bread! Why Paleo Bread? Because it’s low in carbs, cals, and lacks all of the bad things we are trying to avoid nowadays. It doesn’t have GMO’s, soy, gluten or grains, its starch free and dairy free too! And since it’s made with healthy ingredients like coconut and almond, it doesn’t spike your blood sugar, allowing inflammation to be kept to a minimum…. This results in you simply feeling good, not getting bloated and sluggish, and chuggin’ along throughout your day!
With some other fine Paleo items that Julian Bakery offers, you too can whip this up and amaze your guests and yourself! We start things off with Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil…. Not only is it liquid, so you don’t have to get it all over the place when putting it into your pan, but it’s also organic and GMO free…. Next up, we’re using Paleo Butter, another awesome item that you can sauté with, and it lacks lactose. Meanwhile, it’s loaded with CLA Tonalin and vitamins A, D, and K2! Just about every podcast I listen to nowadays mentions the importance of K2, so you might as well get it from this grass-fed version: Paleo Butter!
- 2 TBSP Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Paleo Butter
- 1 TBSP minced sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dry red wine (merlot, cabernet)
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Crystals
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lb thinly sliced boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Paleo Bread
1) Add 1.5 TBSP Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for two minutes.
2) Add balsamic vinegar and dry red wine along with Coconut Crystals, rosemary, and Dijon mustard; cook until it is reduced down to 1/2 cup.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Paleo Butter and let melt. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Then place your pork in the pan, cooking it for two minutes per side. Add the red wine reduction, and cook for a minute, turning pork to coat.
5) Toast Paleo Bread to your liking.
6) Assemble sandwich by adding spinach to Paleo Bread, then pork loin chop, feel free to add more sauce to pork.
7) Feel free to top with more healthy stuff, I added shredded ginger carrots and sauerkraut (as seen in photo).
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Even though we try to keep sugar to a minimum, when we need it (like when we are making a reduction), we’ll bust out the healthiest sugar around; Coconut Secret – Coconut Crystals. It’s actually got vitamins and minerals in it and amino acids too! Plus its raw, vegan and low glycemic. The rest of the meal is kept as clean and organic as well…. With herbs, garlic, quality vegetables, and organic pork, we are able to cook up quite a meal here!
Once you dig into this one, you’ll know that the time spent was so worth it. Each bite is savory, juicy, and loaded with a seductive sauce that will blow you away. How is this possible? With the help from http://www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo – the place where all quality, Paleo products can be found. And while you’re there, grab a few other items like their Paleo Wraps and Paleo Chocolate!
Thanks for taking a moment to check this Paleo food blog, and if you decide to make this meal, please let me know how you like it!
Previous Blog Post: Zesty Egg Paleo Wrap Recipe