Today starts off with a very hearty breakfast, using the one, the only, the Paleo Wrap! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Smashed Plantain Egg & Rice Paleo Wrap.” Leftovers are key to a healthy Paleo lifestyle; well you would obviously be healthier consuming totally fresh food all of the time…. But when I say “key”, I mean that leftovers are handy, helpful, and allow us to grab and go. Thanks to my leftovers, I was able to pretty much “toss” this meal together, and enjoy a very filling Paleo Wrap. Rachel made “Chimichurri Smashed Plantains” from the Primal Cravings cookbook the other night, and thankfully we had extra. I don’t understand how, because they were so dang good!!! So this morning I decided to add those extra plantains to my wrap, along with some fresh local eggs and some Paleo Rice.
I’m sure you are wondering how I could just “toss” this meal together, yet making rice doesn’t fall into the “slap together” category. Well, Paleo Rice does! It cooks up in literally one minute with boiling water, so that’s how! And, it’s guilt free due to it being zero calorie, zero carb, gluten and soy free, and has no fat, sugar or starch! What it does have is soluble fiber which will help keep you fuller longer, without the calories! Anyone looking to lose weight, this is the ticket, without the added guilt!
Ingredients (for the Plantains):
- 3 green plantains
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan Salt to taste
Ingredients (for the Chimichurri)
- 1 green onion
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp YS Eco Bee Farms Organic Honey
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Himalayan Salt to taste
Directions (for the Chimichurri Smashed Plantains):
1) Bring a large sauce pot of water to a boil.
2) Meanwhile, cut the ends off the plantains. From top to bottom and around all the sides, score the skin of the plantains. Get your fingers underneath the score marks of the skin and gently pull the skin up and away from the flesh of the plantain.
3) Roughly chop the peeled plantains. Place the plantains and garlic cloves in the boiling water and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
4) As the plantains boil, make the chimichurri by buzzing the ingredients in a food processor.
5) Drain the water from the plantains (doesn’t need to be perfect), and add the chicken stock. Using a potato masher, mash the plantains until smooth. Swirl in the chimichurri sauce.
6) Serve immediately. These have a tendency to stiffen up as they cool, so if you need to re-heat them, place them in a sauce pot, along with a few splashes of chicken stock. Stir everything around and the plantains will loosen back up.
Ingredients (for the wrap):
- 2 Paleo Wraps
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Original Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 1 bag Paleo Rice
- 3/4 cup “Chimichurri Smashed Plantains”
- Quantum Pink Salt and black pepper to sprinkle
1) Boil water, and then when you have a rolling boil, cook Paleo Rice for 1-2 minutes.
2) Strain, and set aside.
4) Season with Quantum Pink Salt and black pepper to sprinkle
5) Heat up “Chimichurri Smashed Plantains” if they are leftover, I used a microwave to keep it chunky and thick.
6) Add everything into two Paleo Wraps, and enjoy!
• 15 minutes
• 20 minutes
Makes: 1 wrap
This was one of the best wraps yet! I loved how thick it was, with the Paleo Rice mixed into the eggs, and the bits of plantains as well. A nice light saltiness was all it took, from the Quantum Pink Salt, and a little black pepper. And since this salt is healthy and not detrimental to our health, I’m always happy to introduce more nutrients into my diet! The plantains were phenomenal when we first enjoyed them, and they were also phenomenal in this breakfast wrap…. And I’m glad we have the Primal Cravings cookbook to keep us occupied with new and tasty Paleo meals! So many great recipes, so little time!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for the items used in this meal. I absolutely urge you to check out the Paleo Wraps, ‘cause if you haven’t enjoyed one yet, you need to step things up! They are nice and light, yet strong and durable, and low in cal’s and carbs! Plus, they are GMO-free and organic, and they get the thumbs up from Vegans as well! So order them up, they even come in a bulk pack – while supplies last!!!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you too get to enjoy this meal!!! If you aren’t a fan of plantains, try sweet potatoes! Some Coconut Manna along with those sweet potatoes, and a few dashes of cinnamon always work well together! Enjoy!!