Every once in a while I’ll get to enjoy some duck, but generally it happens in a restaurant. In this episode, I get to “wrap” one up at home! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Roasted Duck Paleo Wrap.” Once we spotted a whole duck, sans antibiotics or hormones, we decided it would make a wonderful Paleo dinner… Especially combined with some Julian Bakery products like the new Paleo Wrap. How it was going to be prepared was the big question… But its 2013, Google it! We found “Eat. Live. Paleo.” and they have a great duck recipe in which we decided to follow. Seemed easy to make, and sounds delicious, and combined with some carrots, a healthy salt, and the strong and tasty Paleo Wrap, it was guaranteed to come out bangin’!
First let’s get this out of the way…. The Paleo Wrap has been out for a short while now, and it’s getting some highly positive reviews from just about everyone. If you haven’t tried one yet, what’s stoppin’ ya?? Its low in calories and carbs, it’s made with healthy and organic coconut, doesn’t have any GMO’s, no gluten or grains, no soy, no dairy, and no junk!!!! It is the ultimate wrap, and you need to try one out ASAP so you can see what the rave it all about.
- Whole fresh duck (about 5 lbs.); take out the neck and set aside
- 1 orange, pierced all around with a fork (I used a juice orange)
- A small bunch of thyme
- Few garlic cloves
- 5 carrots, whole, skin on, ends trimmed (you can use more than 5 if you love carrots — they will be deliciously and decadently roasted in duck fat)
- Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt and pepper
- Kettle of water, boiled
- 1 Paleo Wrap (per person)
1) Preheat the oven 450F.
2) Put the duck in a roasting pan. With a knife, poke holes all over the skin.
3) Set the pan in the sink. Bring a kettle of water to a boil, and pour the water all over the duck.
4) The hot water will shrink the skin. Turn over the duck, breast side down, and let it “bathe” in the hot water for about 5 minutes.
5) Take the duck out of the water, pat dry. In the cavity of the duck, place the garlic cloves, thyme, and juice orange. Truss the duck.
6) Salt and pepper the duck liberally, all over. In a dry roasting pan, place the carrots and then put the duck on top of the carrots (I don’t own a roasting rack, so I use carrots instead — you can also just use a roasting rack). Place the neck in the pan also.
7) At 450F, roast the duck, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
8) After 45 minutes, baste with its fat and turn down the oven temperature to 375F. Roast at this temperature, basting a couple of times, until the inside temperature taken at the thickest part of its thigh reaches 150F (about another 25 minutes).
9) Take the duck out of the oven, and transfer to a platter. Let the duck rest for at least 10 minutes. Throw away the neck and take out the carrots (use a fork to make sure they are cooked through — if some are still uncooked, you can continue roasting them until cooked, either in the pan or transferred into a smaller pan). Strain the fat into a glass container to keep.
10) After resting, carve the duck, wrap and enjoy!
• 15 minutes
• 60 minutes
To say this was delicious would be an understatement. I absolutely love a good duck, especially with excellent flavoring, a great vegetable, and today – with a Paleo Wrap!! The Paleo Wrap gives this a nice light coconut taste, keeps it together well since they are so strong, and I got to enjoy a wrap without a ton of carbs or bad ingredients! Could this be real? Yeah, it is! Thanks to Julian Bakery, the one stop shop for all of your Paleo needs! We enjoyed this dish with some Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt, which is a nice, light salt with a great natural taste… And has no anti-clumping agents like “other” salts. Try it out, grab some Paleo Wraps, and see what a dish like this is all about.
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for these great items that made this meal come together nicely. Big thanks to “Eat. Live. Paleo.” for their great duck recipe as well! And thanks for taking a few moments to check out my Paleo blog of the “Roasted Duck Paleo Wrap!”
Also Check Out: