Tonight we are taking a classic that many of us have enjoyed at some point in time, and putting a healthy twist into it… This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Primal Philly Cheesesteaks!” How does one turn these classics into something us healthy folk can enjoy? Well for starters, we are using grass-fed beef… Nothing processed, no antibiotics, just quality beef. Next up in the upgrade process; instead of a roll that has grains, gluten, soy, and who knows what else, we’ve chosen the one and only bread that avoids all of that… Paleo Bread! Julian Bakery offers Paleo Bread in two flavors; almond and coconut. Both of which I enjoyed with our “Primal Philly Cheesesteaks.” I happened to skip lunch today, so I was ready to chow, so why not enjoy two of these bad-boys, in each Paleo Bread flavor. Do I worry about over-indulging? Nope… It’s low in calories, and since there’s none of that “junk”, it’s not an issue. Do I worry about kicking myself out of ketosis? Nope… Paleo Bread is low in carbohydrates, and has only one net carb! Do I worry that it won’t taste right since it doesn’t have wheat, soy, and gluten? Hahahaha, no way dude! Give it a go, and I’m sure you’ll be quite impressed. I made the switch, and I am never looking back!
- · 1 lb thinly sliced NY Strip steak
- · 2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- · 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- · 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- · 1 Vidalia onion, cut into strips
- · 2 tbsp olive oil
- · 1 ½ tbsp Paleo Butter
- · 2 garlic cloves, minced
- · ½ tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
- · ½ tbsp Paleo Powder
- · 2 slices Almond Paleo Bread
- · 2 slices Coconut Paleo Bread
1) Add olive oil to large skillet and heat over med/high heat
2) Add onions and peppers and sauté and continue to sauté, stirring periodically until soft and caramelized – be sure not to burn.
3) Sprinkle ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
3) In a separate skillet over med/high heat, melt Paleo Butter and sauté garlic.
4) Add steak in a single layer, sprinkle with Paleo Powder and remaining Himalayan Salt. Continue to sauté until done, approximately 2 minutes.
5) Toast Paleo Bread.
6) Assemble, and top with your favorite cheese… Or no cheese if you are eating Paleo.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
With the other upgrades that we threw into the mix, like Paleo Powder and the Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt, we really upped the ante against the traditional “Philly Cheesesteak.” I enjoyed mine with some Mozzarella cheese, Rachel had some Provolone, feel free to choose what your heart desires. Just try to keep it real!
And remember, we are keeping it real; with Paleo Bread. This was a great meal and it was made possible thanks to the awesome, soy-free, GMO-free, dairy-free, gluten-free Paleo Bread! If it weren’t for Paleo Bread, I would be eating cheese and steak….. Something about that just isn’t the same.
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and purchase that Paleo Bread that we all love, as well as all of the Paleo items you could possibly want. They have a great Paleo section that will fulfill all of your needs! And make sure you grab some of the new Paleo Wraps, they will blow your mind!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: