Homemade meatballs, it’s what’s for breakfast! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Primal Meatball Sandwich.” Since I recently discovered how insanely good these Sloppy Joe Meatballs are, I had to make a sandwich out of them with my favorite bread: Paleo Bread! From the Primal Cravings cookbook, this recipe is absolutely outstanding and will satisfy both your cravings for Sloppy Joes and Meatballs at the same time. Thankfully we had leftovers, so I was able to reheat my Sloppy Joe Meatballs this morning, toast up my almond Paleo Bread, and melt on some Provolone cheese, to make a great ”Primal Meatball Sandwich.” (Make It Paleo Without Cheese Or Use Almond Cheese)
I’ll simplify things for you and list the full ingredients and instructions below on how to make the Sloppy Joe Meatballs, with additional info tied in so you can make the sandwich… But I highly suggest you take a gander at the full Sloppy Joe Meatballs recipe so you can enjoy them over the Miracle Fettuccini like we did. Uhhhmazing!
INGREDIENTS (For the meatballs):
- 2 tbsp Paleo Butter for the pan
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
INGREDIENTS (For the sauce):
- 1 28-oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/3rd cup Coconut Crystals
- Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (To make a Primal Meatball Sandwich):
- 2 slices Almond Paleo Bread
- 1 slice organic Provolone cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) In a medium pot, heat a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until cooked through.
3) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rest of the meatball ingredients.
4) Once the onions are cooked, add half of them to the meatball mixture (keeping the other half in the pot).
5) Use your hands or a scoop to form the meat into balls.
6) Place the balls onto a baking sheet and bake until cooked through – depending on the size of your meatballs, about 15 to 20 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients to the onions in the pot.
8) Simmer the sauce while the meatballs bake in the oven.
9) Place the meatballs in the sauce and let them get cozy and hang out for a few minutes before serving.
10) Toast Paleo Bread to your liking
11) Add meatballs and sauce to Paleo Bread, and melt Provolone cheese (optional) on top of meatballs.
12) Cut avocado in ½ and add some of the delicious sauce.
13) Add Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 35 Minutes
Looking at the ingredient list, it’s pretty obvious that our meatballs are much, much healthier than Subway’s meatballs or even meatballs from a restaurant. Ours are made with grass-fed beef, no gluten or grains. We have a quality grass-fed ghee by Paleo Butter that brings lots of flavor and nutrition to the plate. Some wonderful Coconut Aminos, Coconut Vinegar and even Coconut Crystals that give you B-vitamins, vitamin C, amino acids, and keep your blood-sugar levels stable. Less inflammation equals a happy body! No table salt here, we have incorporated Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt which has 84 trace minerals and is actually good for you!!! And this is sandwiched with the one and only almond Paleo Bread, which lacks all that junk that we Paleo/Primal folk are trying to avoid; GMO’s, gluten, grains, soy, and yeast. Oh, and it’s high in protein and fiber, low in cal’s and carb’s. How about that for being ultra health conscious!!! A little organic Provolone cheese (optional for Paleo peeps!) to make this come to life.
This sandwich was soooo good, with a host of Paleo products from Julian Bakery, what did you expect? And with that superb Sloppy Joe Meatballs recipe from Primal Cravings, this was one of the best leftover conversions that I have ever done. Oh, and if you are or aren’t an avocado fan – you need to try this sweet tomato sauce on an avocado like I enjoyed. That’s a treat for you avocado lovers, and hopefully it’ll be something you anti-avocado fans actually enjoy. So make sure you check www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for all of these awesome Paleo products that we used. Order up some fresh Paleo Bread too, so you are always prepared to make your leftovers come to life with a great Paleo or Primal sandwich! Thanks for checking out my “Primal Meatball Sandwich”, and I hope you liked it!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: