Burgers with guacamole, what a combination made in heaven!! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Primal Guacamole Burger.” Several years ago I got into the avocado kick, eating them up like they were going out of style…. With my eggs, with my wild salmon, and even on a burger. But there’s a huge difference between an avocado on a burger, and a nicely made guacamole on a burger. And, there’s a massive difference between a regular burger and a grass-fed burger on Paleo Bread.
Paleo Bread. is low in carbs, calories, and lacks all of that bad “stuff” that we have come to find out is bad for us…. GMO’s, gluten, grains, and soy, all have been side-lined in the baking process, and only healthy ingredients are used! And this is why I consume Paleo Bread. and only Paleo Bread. … It doesn’t bother my auto-immune condition, and it keeps me in ketosis! That is when I truly get serious and stay in ketosis… Those sweet potatoes and Paleo Coconut Cakes call my name every once in a while, I am human, ya know!!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon sour cream – optional!
- 1 tablespoon Paleo Mayo – from the 500 Paleo Recipes cookbook
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp Sunfood Super Foods Himalayan Salt
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices Coconut Paleo Bread.
1) Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2) Place half of avocado in a bowl, mash with a fork until almost smooth.
3) Add sour cream (optional) and next three ingredients to bowl; stir to combine.
4) Dice remaining half avocado.
5) Add diced avocado, tomato, jalapeno, and 1/8th teaspoon salt to bowl; stir gently to combine.
6) Divide beef into four equal portions and form burgers. Sprinkle evenly with remaining salt and pepper.
7) Place burgers on grill, along with Paleo Bread, and cook each to your liking.
8) Assemble burgers as you prefer; guacamole on top or bottom – or both!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Makes: 4 Burgers
Oh what a burger…. This was delicious, with a great guac, a juicy grass-fed burger, and some crispy Paleo Bread. ! The guacamole had a nice bite from the jalapeno, as well as a great texture from the different elements incorporated into it. If you are strict Paleo, simply omit the sour cream… I’m sure it’ll still come out slammin’! Don’t forget to include the Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt, which gives us 84 trace minerals, and actual benefits. Table salt is so 2000’s…. And so is whole-wheat and white-bread! We have learned to ditch the grains, pass on the ultra-processed foods, and go with real , organic ingredients… Like Paleo Bread. , like the Himalayan Salt, and like the fresh ingredients that we’ve put into this lovely grass-fed burger. Speaking of grass-fed, Julian Bakery offers a few grass-fed products as well, like Paleo Butter and Paleo Protein – check ‘em out!
So make sure you visit www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for the Paleo Bread… Choose almond or coconut, or both! But either way, know that you are choosing wisely. Thanks for checking out this food blog, using some of Julian Bakery’s finest products. I hope you enjoyed this burger, we certainly did!