Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!! To celebrate we are putting together a low-carb, nutritious and amazingly tasty version of enchiladas, using some Julian Bakery Paleo Wraps! So here come our “Primal Enchiladas”, made with the best stuff on earth!
We may eat clean, to feel good and stay in shape, but that doesn’t mean we can’t hang when it comes to enjoying celebratory meals. Some of my friends may be enjoying tacos and burritos, and enchiladas right about now. But they’ll be paying the price later on, I can guarantee it. We on the other hand, have created a meal that allows us to keep feeling awesome. There won’t be any complaining in the morning about how we “shouldn’t have eaten that”, or how I lost sleep because of that Mexican food. Nope!!! No complaining here!
How To Video:
- 2 tablespoons Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sunfood SuperFoods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (7-ounce) can salsa verde
- 8 Paleo Wraps
- 3 ounces shredded organic valley raw jack cheese (about 3/4 cup)
1) Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven to 425° (leave roasting pan in oven as it preheats).
2) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with cumin, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Turn chicken over, and place in the preheated roasting pan. Add onion, garlic, and tomatoes to pan; bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Cool. Shred chicken; toss with tomato mixture.
3) Combine 3/4 cup cilantro, juice, and salsa verde; spread 1/4 cup salsa mixture in the bottom of an 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Top with 4 overlapping Paleo Wraps, half of chicken mixture, and 1/4 cup salsa mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 Paleo Wraps and remaining salsa mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Top each serving with organic sour cream and guacamole.
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Now doesn’t that sound much healthier than the processed canned foods and GMO loaded tortillas that you would have consumed? Not to mention poor quality proteins and inflammatory, oxidation-prone fats… We’ve put some amazing ingredients, kept all organic, GMO-free, soy-free, and gluten free, so that you can look, feel and perform your best! And since we’re using Paleo Wraps, we’ve added a nice, slightly sweet taste, while keeping the carbs and calories low!
Make sure you check out www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo which is where a lot of our amazing Paleo items come from. Or, stop into their La Jolla or Oceanside, California locations and pick and choose in person! Thanks for checking out this very filling, yet healthy enchilada recipe, and I hope you decide to recreate it!
Previous Blog Post: Escarole Bacon Salad Paleo Wrap Recipe