If you are a ranch dressing fan, this one goes out to you! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Primal Bacon Ranch Salad.” Rachel whipped this awesome lunch together with some wholesome ingredients from the garden, from our local farmer’s market, and from Julian Bakery. The ranch dressing recipe originated from the website “Mark’s Daily Apple”, but with a few upgrades she was able to take it up a notch. With Coconut Vinegar, Coconut Aminos and Himalayan Salt from www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo along with their almond Paleo Bread for a cool crouton crunch, this “Primal Bacon Ranch Salad” is gonna be the bomb!
INGREDIENTS (For the dressing):
- 1/4 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 heaping teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Secret – Coconut Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunfood Superfoods Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 of a small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Mayo – From the cookbook: Well Fed
INSTRUCTIONS (For the dressing):
1) Place all ingredients into a jar or BPA-free container, shake well.
INGREDIENTS (For the salad):
- 6 Red Leaf Lettuce leafs
- 1 bunch of Romaine lettuce
- 3 strips organic bacon
- 1 slice Almond Paleo Bread
- Sunfood Superfoods Fine Himalayan Salt and black pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS (For the salad):
1) Cook bacon to your liking
2) Wash and cut lettuce
3) Toast Paleo Bread part ways, then rub with garlic clove and continue to toast well.
4) Cut Paleo Bread into small squares, creating croutons.
5) Assemble salad as you wish, and enjoy your Paleo Ranch dressing!
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
Rachel really enjoyed the Primal Ranch dressing, and with the croutons and bacon on her lettuce, who can say Paleo or Primal is “too restrictive”?? Restrictive in bad stuff maybe…. Like no GMO’s, gluten, soy or grains. That’s what’s up with Paleo Bread, none of that junk, but lots of healthy. Healthy fats, protein and fiber with each slice, and Paleo Bread is low in carbs and calories too! When it comes to the dressing, we factored in some Coconut Aminos, Coconut Vinegar, and the Fine Himalayan Salt. Both Coconut Secret products bring nothing but good taste and nutrition to the meal…. Lots of amino acids, B vitamins, vitamin C; things you aren’t getting from what they have replaced. And the Himalayan Salt brings 84 trace minerals, do you think table salt does that? No sir!
So make sure you go to Julian Bakery to order up your Paleo Bread, the Coconut Secret products, and the Sunfood Super Foods Himalayan Salt so you too can enjoy a great “Primal Bacon Ranch Salad.” Thanks for stopping by to check this meal out, and please come again!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: