I wanted to share a recipe for a staple item that you may find very useful in your Paleo cooking. I found this recipe on page 187 in the book “Everyday Paleo” written by Sarah Fragoso. I picked up a copy of this book from JulianBakery.com in the Paleo section. Let me tell you, this book has saved me a lot of frustration during these first few weeks on the diet. I have been able to find several ideas in which to build my dishes upon. So it was a blessing to find a recipe for Paleo Mayonnaise when I have been in need of a way to add flavor to my sandwiches Paleo style. This staple is so simple to make and will liven up several of my dishes for sure. According to Sarah, this mayo should last up to two weeks in an airtight container in the fridge. So here you go.
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups light-tasting olive oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, sea salt, and cayenne pepper
- Using a hand mixer set on medium speed, begin to beat together the contents of the mixing bowl for five seconds
- Without stopping the mixer, slowly add in the olive oil
- Once the mayo starts to thicken, you may start to pour in the rest of the olive oil a bit faster but still be patient
- Continue to mix the mayo with the hand mixer until the olive oil is all combined and the mayo has reached your desired consistency
- Now place the mayo in an airtight container and put in the fridge for future use.
- 10 minutes+
That’s it! Thanks so much Sarah for your help with this common addition to my Paleo cookbook. Now remember, you can use this mayo on Paleo Bread™ when you make a sandwich or in a tuna salad, etc. Try making this yourself and let me know some of the dishes you decided to add the mayonnaise to. Thanks so much for reading about my journey to the complete Paleo lifestyle. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. I hope you enjoyed my video as well. Stay tuned, and remember to get healthy and stay there! Bye for now.
By: Paleo Nate
Make Sure You Check Out Our Paleo Videos On YouTube (Click Here)
Many More Paleo Recipes & Meals Here