Have I got a treat for you? This dish is so simple to prepare yet is so scrumptious, I had to share it with you all. Being that this is still only my second breakfast on the Paleo Diet, I wanted to keep it quick and easy. What I am going to show you is called Huevos Rancheros Paleo style! I decided to once again, pair this meal with the addicting Coconut Paleo Bread™ from the Julian Bakery. So let’s just get started.
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 large organic cage free eggs, sunny-side up
- 1 slice Coconut Paleo Bread™, toasted in coconut oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- ½ organic red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ organic yellow onion, chopped
- Small organic vine ripened tomato, diced
- ½ organic avocado
- Handful organic cilantro
- Pinch of Real Salt® Sea Salt
- Organic ground black pepper
- Note: You may add jalapeno minced pepper for some kick, if you like!
- In preparation, mince the garlic
- Chop the red bell pepper, onion, and dice the tomato
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to small skillet and cook over medium heat
- Sauté the garlic, bell pepper, and onion until slightly soft
- Add in the diced tomatoes and sauté for another 3 minutes
- Plate the veggies and set aside
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium low heat
- Add 2 eggs to skillet and slow cook until egg whites are cooked through
- Slice the avocado and set aside
- Plate the eggs next to the veggies and top off with the avocado slices
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the veggies
- Season with a dash of sea salt and black pepper.
- Now lightly spread coconut oil on both sides of 1 slice of Coconut Paleo Bread™ and add to the same skillet
- Toast the bread slightly brown and flip over to cook the other side
- Plate toast and serve
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 person (Me)
Now, of course, you may add ingredient amounts to what I have listed to feed more people if you wish. I just happen to be the only one eating this way in my household at this time.
Coconut Paleo Bread™ is totally organic and completely starch free. Each slice has only 1 net carb per slice, 5 grams of protein and contains only 40 calories. It is suitable for a variety of low-carb diets as well as for anyone looking to avoid starches, grains, wheat, gluten, soy, or yeast. If you are following a Paleo lifestyle, Coconut Paleo Bread™ allows you to easily enjoy having toast with your sunny-side up eggs again!
Thanks so much for reading about my journey to the complete Paleo style of living. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. The next post will most likely include a video of my meal and some more information to assist you in your venture to the Paleo way of life!
By: Paleo Nate