In this episode; Barbeque chicken and a killer slaw come together in full Paleo force, making a great dinner! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a “Paleo Honey-Chipotle BBQ Chicken and Primal Cravings Slaw”. Tonight’s dinner is a wonderful combination of Paleo ingredients which form two delicious meals of their own. Some of these ingredients come direct from Julian Bakery, assisting these dishes in getting seasoned and made just right. Our Honey-Chipotle BBQ Chicken is made with a great sauce that will make you wonder if it really was Paleo… The “Tequila, Lime & Green Onion Slaw” from the Primal Cravings cookbook is no joke… It is absolutely delicious, with a great bite to it.
Ingredients (for the chicken):
• ¼ cup minced shallots
• ½ cup organic ketchup
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 ½ tbsp Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Organic Raw Honey
• 2 tsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Vinegar
• ½ tsp dry mustard
• ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
• ½ tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• 1.5 lbs chicken
Ingredients (for the slaw):
• ½ cup Paleo Mayo
• 4 green onions
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp tequila
• 1 2-pound green cabbage
• Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and black pepper to taste
Directions (for the chicken):
1) Preheat grill
2) Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
3) Add Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil; swirl to coat.
4) Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
5) Stir in ketchup, next 5 ingredients (through chili powder), and ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt.
6) Reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Combine ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
8) Place chicken on grill rack, and grill until done.
9) Baste chicken generously with sauce; turn over, and grill 1 minute. Baste again; turn over, and grill 1 minute.
10) Serve with remaining sauce.
Directions (for the slaw):
1) In a large bowl, whisk together Paleo Mayo, green onions, lime juice, tequila, and Himalayan Salt.
2) Taste and adjust seasoning, remembering that this should be seasoned relatively assertively because when we add the cabbage, the flavor will dilute.
3) Remove any ugly or damaged outer leaves from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise. Cut out the fibrous core. Place the cabbage, cut side down, and slice it into very thin strips.
4) Add the cabbage to mayo mixture. Toss to combine.
5) Refrigerate and let marinate at least 30 minutes before serving.
• 20 minutes
• 20 minutes
We really enjoyed this meal, and so did our guest, Mike! He stops by from time to time, and now that I think about it, it’s usually when we’re cookin’ up some good ole Paleo food. Interesting…. Anyways, the Honey-BBQ sauce was incredible, and since the honey was from Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, I know that it’s organic, all natural, and pesticide-free, herbicide-free, and pollutant-free! That Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil is also a fine product that we truly love. It’s organic and GMO-Free and the taste cannot be matched. Plus is so convenient, you just pour… No mess, no fuss, just a great taste and a true time saver. Coconut Secret – Coconut Vinegar saves the say, instead of apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar; we are incorporating more added nutrition into our meal… Don’t get me wrong, an organic apple cider vinegar is good stuff, but the Coconut Vinegar is healthier! Don’t believe me? Here’s a chart: http://www.coconutsecret.com/coconut-apple%20chart.html
In case you were wondering about the Paleo Mayo that was used, we have some which we’ve made from other Paleo Cookbooks, like 500 Paleo Recipes or Well Fed for example. Primal Creations also has their version of it, so I would highly suggest picking up any (or all!) of these great books so you can make a great Paleo Mayo too! And don’t forget your slice of Paleo Bread topped with Paleo Butter! I enjoyed the almond Paleo Bread this evening, smothered in that amazing French-style ghee that was made from grass-fed cows. Yes everyone, the real deal, grass-fed! Paleo Butter is serious about their products, and doesn’t cut corners, this way you get as much nutrition and taste as possible. Nutrition in butter? Yes….. When it’s grass-fed, you’re getting vitamins A, D, and K2, along with CLA Tonalin…. And, this is virtually lactose-free!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for all of the great ingredients used here, and that super-duper Paleo Cookbook; Primal Cravings – Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo. Thanks for spending time here on our Paleo food blog, I hope you enjoyed it and I also hope you recreate this meal. Enjoy!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: