This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Decadent Brownies.” The weekend is here, guests are coming by, and we want to dress to impress….. And our Paleolicious foods are coming out in full force! One treat that we are making comes from the Paleo Indulgences cookbook, called “Decadent Brownies”. They look delish from the colorful photo in the book, and the ingredients sound like it’ll work since we have everything on hand… Well actually, just about every single page in this cookbook looks awesome to be honest…. We picked up the cookbook through Julian Bakery, in the Paleo section, and you thought Paleo Bread was what they were all about? Nope… Way beyond the healthiest bread you can buy, they have made their Paleo section one of the best places to find all of the best Paleo items that money can buy!
• 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
• 3 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 tbsp Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
• 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
• ¼ cup Coconut Secret – Coconut Flour – sifted
• Pinch sea salt
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup canned pumpkin
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Place all Step 1 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Remove from heat.
3) Place all the Step 2 ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
4) Add the Step 1 chocolate mixture and all the Step 3 wet ingredients to the Step 2 dry ingredients. Blend well with a hand mixer.
5) Pour the batter into a greased 8-by-8 inch glass baking dish. Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut brownies into squares and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 2 days (brownies will get softer and more cake-like the next day) or freeze up to 3 months.
• 15 minutes
• 25 minutes
• 16 Brownies
These brownies came out so moist and delicious, and everyone that sampled them were uhh-mazed with them! Once they had found out that they were truly Paleo, they asked about what ingredients went into them….. We showed them; all organic, all natural, all Paleo! A couple of the ingredients that went into this came from Julian Bakery, like the Coconut Secret-Coconut Flour, and the Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil. The Coconut Flour is the best that we’ve had yet, and like all of the other Coconut Secret products, it has some of the highest standards that I have seen. It’s gluten-free, GMO-free, unrefined, unbleached, is low in fat, calories and carbs, and it aids in digestive health and helps balance blood sugar. The Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil comes in three flavors, is GMO-free, all natural, and is the first liquid coconut oil that I have run into. It saved us the headache of melting the usual coconut oil that we use, and risk getting burned from the hot coconut oil. Our only regret was not having enough Coconut Secret-Coconut Nectar, so we used maple syrup… So if you recreate this meal, please try it with the nectar for more nutrients and less calories!
Therefore, if you want to impress your guests like we just did, make sure you pick up these great items, along with the Paleo Indulgences cookbook, from www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo! Thanks for stopping by to check out this Paleo food blog, and stay Paleo!
Dan From Primal4Life
Also Coming Soon Out Gluten & Grain Free Paleo Wraps (Non-Raw Version)
Check Out This Article: Paleo Caveman Crunch Bar Review