After saying I wanted Paleo Chinese food today, we coincidentally were having this wonderful dish! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Chicken Stir Fry with Paleo Hoisin Sauce.” When Rach started getting our ingredients out to make tonight’s dinner, I luckily saw the Hoisin sauce and looked at the ingredients. Not surprised, there was soybeans and wheat flour in it, sabotage!!!!!!!!!!!! So we quickly came up with our own Paleo Hoisin sauce to remedy this issue. To be honest, it wasn’t tough to make, tasted great, and was a perfect Paleo replacement which kept me feeling good.
Some of the ingredients used in this Hoisin sauce came direct from Julian Bakery, where we can trust the ingredients in what gets delivered to us. We mixed up Coconut Aminos, almond butter, Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey, Coconut Vinegar, toasted sesame oil, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and black pepper…. Now since we ran out of one of our favorite items (Paleo MeeNut Butter), we used almond butter. But feel free to upgrade to the MeeNut, which is a blend of four healthy nuts, and has no sugar or peanuts added.
Ingredients (for the Hoisin sauce):
• 2 tbsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos
• 1 tbsp Paleo MeeNut Butter
• ½ tbsp Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey
• 1 tsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Vinegar
• 1 tsp dark sesame oil
• 1/8 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
• 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
Directions (for the Hoisin sauce):
1) Add all ingredients in a bowl, and wisk.
2) Set aside.
Ingredients (for the stir fry):
• 1 bag Paleo Rice (Zero Carbs)
• 2 tsp dark sesame oil
• 1 lb organic chicken breast, cut into ¼ inch strips
• 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
• 2 zucchini cut in chunks
• 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 3 tbsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos
• Paleo Hoisin sauce (from above)
• 1 tsp arrowroot powder
• 1 tsp rice vinegar
• 2 green onions/scallions, cut diagonally into ½ inch pieces
• ½ tsp crushed ginger
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and black pepper to taste
Directions (for the stir fry):
1) Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Add oil; swirl to coat.
3) Add chicken; cook 2 minutes per side or until done.
4) Add cabbage, zucchini and peppers; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
5) Combine Paleo Hoisin sauce with arrowroot powder, rice vinegar and Coconut Aminos and wisk together.
6) Boil water and cook Paleo Rice for 1 minute, then plate.
7) Top Paleo Rice with stir fry, add green onions/scallions, Himalayan Salt and black pepper to taste.
• 15 minutes
• 15 minutes
What a great Hoisin sauce, that kept me headache free and feelin’ good! It brought this Chicken Stir Fry to life, and so did my almond Paleo Bread topped with Coconut Manna which went great on the side of this dish! We all really enjoyed this meal, thanks to lots of awesome Paleo products via Julian Bakery. Knowing that they offer only the best, most organic items, I have no worries that every ingredient that went into this meal was gluten free, GMO free, soy free, and even dairy free.
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and order up these great products that we used in order to make this wonderful “Chicken Stir Fry with Paleo Hoisin Sauce.” Every item from Julian Bakery has been chosen specifically for its high quality, high nutrient level, low calorie content, lack of GMO’s/soy/gluten, and many other important characteristics. From the Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos and Coconut Vinegar, which bring you vitamin C and B-vitamins, along with amino acids…. To the Raw Honey which is truly organic and nutritious for you, rest assured that you are getting the best products around from Julian Bakery.
Thanks for checking out this Paleo food blog, with some of the best Julian Bakery products…. And if you decide to make it please let us know how it came out!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: