This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Paleo Bacon Turkey Burgers.” When I walked in the door last night I couldn’t deny the smell of bacon… We all know that wonderful scent all too well, and it really doesn’t matter which meal it’s at – it’s all good! Rachel had cooked up some turkey burgers, and I was hoping there’d be leftovers so I could enjoy them once more! Guess what… It happened. Right here. Right now. These turkey burgers, combined with some sauerkraut, more bacon, avocado, Paleo Powder and Paleo Bread made my morning complete.
I started this one off with heating up my frying pan with some of that delicious and nutritious Paleo Butter, made from cow’s that eat grass! What a novel idea, right? It makes all the difference in the world when it comes to nutrition, grains versus grass that is… Grass wins, dude. More omega-3’s, more healthy fats, and in this grass-fed ghee it makes a very tasty butter that just works with lots of foods. Next, I heat up my turkey burger, which is a great combination of ingredients;
Ingredients (to make the Paleo Bacon Turkey Burgers):
• 1 tbsp shallots – minced
• 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes – chopped
• 1 tsp fresh thyme – minced
• 6 slices organic nitrate free bacon (additional needed if topping burgers)
• 16 oz organic ground turkey
• 2 garlic cloves – minced
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon slices on lined baking sheet. Put in cold oven. Set oven to 375 degrees and cook bacon for 20-25 min. depending on how crispy you like your bacon
2) Mince shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme and garlic.
3) Once bacon is cooked & cooled, chop bacon.
4) Put all minced ingredients in bowl with ground turkey and mix thoroughly.
5) Form 5 equally sized burgers
6) Cook burgers to your liking.
• 15 minutes
• 20 minutes
• 5 burgers
Great meals start with bacon, and Paleo Bread, Paleo Butter and Paleo Powder too! This sandwich had a plethora of flavor, nutrients, healthy fats, and it came from a great blend of ingredients. The Paleo Bread, Paleo Butter and avocados provide lots of healthy fats, good cholesterol, as well as lots of flavor. The Paleo Powder has some good anti-inflammatory properties, as well as a perfect taste that works with just about anything you throw it at. All of these delicious Paleo items can be purchased online at www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo. And while you are there, check out some of the latest and greatest items, like the Ab Wheel, NOW Foods Bromelain, and the huge selection of Paleo cookbooks that will give you a ton of recipes to keep the dinner ideas fresh!
Thanks for stopping by to preview this Paleo blog, using Julian Bakery items. I hope you enjoyed it, and please have a healthy and happy Paleo day!