I’m a total fan of Pad Thai, especially when it’s made without peanuts! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Pad Thai with Chicken” from “The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking”. Julian Bakery now offers yet another amazing cook book through their Paleo section, and it’s from Hayley Mason and Bill Staley. Names ring a bell? That’s because they’ve written Gather, The Art of Paleo Entertaining and Make It Paleo; two of our favorite Paleo cook books that Julian Bakery offers! This one is no slouch, starting things off right with some success stories, what is the Paleo diet, talking about which foods to consume and avoid, shopping tips, common questions, meal plans, flavor pairings, and much more! Oh, and yes, there’s a ton of recipes that follow…. Completely amazing photography that inspires me to make every meal I see, complete with prep times and cook times, as well as difficulty ratings!
So we decided to make their “Pad Thai with Chicken” recipe, looks and sounds amazing, and with a few modifications, we feel that we can make it that much more uhhhmazing! Starting off with upgrading almond butter to Paleo MeeNut Butter, we instantly are getting more taste, more flavor, more healthy fats, and no sugar or peanuts! Salt gets automatically converted to Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt, which is a blend of two great sea salts in one. And, no flowing or “anti-clumping” agents as commonly added to regular table salt. The recipe does call for coconut aminos, so we are ensuring the best with Coconut Aminos by Coconut Secret. They are sourcing the most organic, non-GMO aminos possible, and of course we are getting a bunch of vitamins, aminos, and no soy!
• 4 spaghetti squash
• 2 chicken breasts, skinless and cubed
• ¼ cup Paleo MeeNut Butter
• ½ cup Coconut Aminos by Coconut Secret
• ¼ tsp fish sauce
• 1 lime, half for juice, remaining half cut into wedges for garnish
• 1 tsp Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 shallot, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
• 1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
• 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
• 1 bag Paleo Rice
1) Bake spaghetti squash for 40 minutes at 425F
2) Heat a wok to high-heat. While the wok is heating, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized cubes.
4) When wok is very hot, add the sesame oil.
5) Add the cubed chicken to the wok, and stir-fry the chicken until it is cooked through to opaque and white.
6) Add the minced shallot, minced garlic, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional). Continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
7) Add the chopped macadamia nuts, and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
8) Pour in the sauce mixture, and toss until the chicken and other ingredients are evenly coated.
9) Reduce the heat, and gently toss in the spaghetti squash.
10) Boil water, and cook Paleo Rice for 1 minute.
11) When done, plate Paleo Rice, and serve the Pad Thai over it, garnished with cilantro, chopped macadamia nuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
• 15 minutes
• 40 minutes
For the first meal from “The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking”, I am very impressed! This was one of the best Pad Thai meals that I’ve ever experienced, very filling, very tasty, very Paleo! And combined with our Julian Bakery upgrades as well as some almond Paleo Bread topped with more of that delicious Paleo MeeNut Butter, it was a recipe destined for success!!
Now is the time that you need to go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for the great Paleo items that we incorporated into this lovely dinner…. As well as you’re hot off the press copy of “The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking”. It will not disappoint, trust me!!! Thanks for spending a few minutes to check out our Paleo food blog, using some top notch items from Julian Bakery! And remember to grab some Paleo Bread, which is low in carbs and cal’s, but never in taste, protein and fiber! Plus, no gluten or grains, or soy, or GMO’s… It’s the ultimate bread, it’s Paleo Bread!!!!!!!