If you are Italian, or just love Italian food, there’s a new cookbook on the block, and you need to check it out! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Chicken with Fig Sauce” from Sarah Fragoso’s new cookbook: Everyday Paleo From Around The World – Italian Cuisine. As the cover states just under the title; “Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-Free”, she isn’t kidding! Since I am 100% Italian, I can truly appreciate what Sarah has put together in her latest creation. We decided to make her “Chicken with Fig Sauce”; it looks incredible in the gorgeous photo, as just about every photo does in her book… We’ve made her Tiramisu first, and it was delicious!! Looking at some of the other meals, I feel like I’m back in the Mother-Land, except without the gluten this time! Of course in typical Dan and Rach fashion, we‘ve modified the recipe slightly, with Paleo Butter! Well I should have said “upgraded” instead of “modified”, because Paleo Butter is packed with CLA Tonalin, vitamins A, D, and K2. Plus it’s totally Paleo, as it’s made from grass-fed cows and is virtually lactose free!! And you can get it direct from Julian Bakery with your copy of Everyday Paleo From Around The World – Italian Cuisine.
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
• Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt and black pepper to taste
• 6 tbsp Paleo Butter
• 8 oz pancetta, diced
• 6 oz pearl onions
• ¼ cup shallots
• ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 cup organic chicken broth
• 1 cup dried figs, chopped and rehydrated (to rehydrate the figs, cover with hot water and let sit on the counter until soft; approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour)
• 1 tsp fresh oregano
• 2 tsp fresh thyme
1) Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
2) In a large skillet, heat the 4 tablespoons Paleo Butter over medium heat.
3) Add the chicken breasts, and sear for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
4) Remove chicken from pan, and set aside.
5) In the same skillet, melt the other 2 tablespoons Paleo Butter.
6) Add the pancetta, pearl onions, and shallots, and cook until the pancetta is crispy and the onions and shallots are almost fully cooked.
7) Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, figs, oregano, thyme to the pan, and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
8) Add the seared chicken breasts to the pan, and cover them with sauce.
9) Cover the pan, and cook until the chicken is done and the juices run clear, turned the chicken breasts over periodically.
10) You can either serve the chicken breast pieces whole or sliced and topped with plenty of the sauce.
• 60 minutes
• 30 minutes
What a sauce!!!!! I’ve never tasted something quite like this; chunky, yet with a touch of sweet at the same time, blending perfectly with each bite of chicken. So glad we tried this recipe, but it wasn’t an easy choice, as this book is jam packed with incredible recipes like “Ossobuco”, “Lasagna”, “Mushroom Meatballs”, and many more! She even has a lot of basics, like how to make certain sauces which is helpful. The book starts off with where she travelled to in Italy, as well as recommendations on where to stay and where to eat Paleo in certain cities! You can tell a lot of effort went into this book, to make classic Italian recipes taste like the original, or even better, with Paleo ingredients, is tough to admit…. But it’s true!!! I can eat Italian foods again, yeah!!!!!!!
Everyday Paleo From Around The World – Italian Cuisine is now available from Julian Bakery, so make sure you pick up a copy so that you too can make some great Italian meals, but in Paleo form! And don’t forget to grab some Quantum Nutrition Pink Salt, Paleo Butter, and more of that awesome Paleo Bread! It’s the only bread that is made with almond or coconut, to keep inflammation low and blood sugar stable… And, it’s high in fiber and protein to keep you satiated, while keeping carbs and calories low. Oh, and it’s organic, GMO-free, gluten-free, soy-free, yeast-free and dairy-free too!
Thanks for checking out our wonderful Paleo dish; “Chicken with Fig Sauce”, from Everyday Paleo From Around The World – Italian Cuisine, along with some great products via www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo. Thanks for stopping by, and please have a healthy and happy day!