500 Paleo Recipes is where this delicious pecan-chicken meal comes from… And combined with some great Paleo products from Julian Bakery, you too can make this meal and look like a top Chef!! My name is Dan from Primal4Life, and this is an “Orange-Pecan Chicken Paleo Wrap!”
So many great recipes, so little time… But we’re tackling as many recipes from Dana Carpender’s book as we can! So far, we’ve been very impressed, and this is the book that we use for a lot of our special sauces and condiments. But don’t worry; the meals are out of this world!! And this one is no exception.
Dana calls for cauliflower, and since we didn’t have any cauliflower on hand, we opt for some Paleo Rice, which has no carbs or cals, it’s loaded with a natural fiber that helps slow digestion… and in turn, that helps your body absorb more nutrients from what you ate. Plus, its wheat and gluten free! Another great product that we are utilizing in this dish is Paleo Butter, which is one of our favorite items around the house. Loaded with vitamins A, D, K2, and CLA Tonalin, it is packed with good stuff to keep you healthy and happy. Plus, it’s made from grass-fed cows and because of how it’s made – it’s virtually lactose free. Therefore, f you suffer from issues with lactose, please give Paleo Butter a try!
- 1 bag Paleo Rice
- 3 TBSP Paleo Butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP chicken broth
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Himalayan Salt and black pepper to taste
- Paleo Wraps
1) Prep everything first; chop pecans if you didn’t buy them chopped, dice chicken, chop onion and dice pepper.
2) In a big skillet, melt 2 teaspoons Paleo Butter over medium heat and add pecans. Stir until they smell toasty, remove, plate and set aside.
3) Turn up burner to medium high, add another tablespoon of Paleo Butter. Let it melt, then add chicken. Stir-fry until the pink is gone, remove from the skillet and set it aside.
4) Melt the rest of the Paleo Butter, add your onion and red pepper. Stir-fry until the onion is translucent.
5) Boil water in a small pan, when boiling add your rinsed Paleo Rice for 1-2 minutes.. Remove and rinse, set aside.
6) Add chicken back to large skillet with onion and pepper, then add Paleo Rice.
7) Add zest from half the orange, squeeze in juice from that orange, as well as the juice from your lemon. I added some lemon zest as well.
8) Add chicken broth, and stir it up well.
9) Stir in the pecans and the parsley, and add salt and pepper to taste.
10) I allowed this to cook down a bit, and ensure that your chicken is fully cooked.
11) Serve on a Paleo Wrap, and enjoy!
Yet another incredible meal from the 500 Paleo Recipes …. Dana really hit this out of the park, with an easy to follow recipe book, loaded with a ton (okay, 500…) of delicious Paleo recipes. I went into this one a bit overwhelmed, but in the end it was so worth it, it was so tasty, and I look like I have earned a Michelin star! Plus, when this meal is all bundled up in a Paleo Wrap; it’s that much better! Coconut and orange go hand in hand, and this meal was meant to go in a low-carb, low cal, organic Paleo Wrap from Julian Bakery.
Thanks for taking a few minutes to check out this Paleo food blog using some of the best Paleo items around. And don’t forget, you can pick up the scrumptious Paleo Butter, the organic Paleo Wraps, that delicious Himalayan Salt, that low calorie Paleo Rice, and the easy to follow 500 Paleo Recipes cookbook all through www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo