Book reports were never my favorite thing to do in school. But had I known I’d be reviewing incredible Paleo cookbooks when I was grown-up I’d probably have shown more interest. This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Pork Satay” from the cookbook “OMG That’s Paleo?” Pork, coconut oil, nut butter, raw honey, this recipe calls for some of my favorite items from my pantry… No wonder why it came out so delicious!!!! But this isn’t the only delicious meal that’s in this Paleo cookbook, it’s got a huge selection of tasty meals, desserts, even bars to satisfy each and every one of you Paleo Peeps out there. Listen to some of these recipes; “Chocolate Coffee Caramel Bars”, “Cherry Jam Crepe Stack”, “Blackberry Glazed Grilled Pork Chops”, “Apple and Bacon Rosemary Pork Burgers”, and “Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry over Coconut Rice”. OMG That’s Paleo??? Yup, it certainly is!
Juli Bauer starts off thanking the people that assisted her, talking about Paleo and why, about her blog, about the book, and then gets into the nitty gritty with her recipes. I really love her style of writing, it reminds me a little of myself to be honest… Straightforward, not uppity, kind of funny (or at least I think so!); it makes it easier to read if you want my not-so-professional opinion.
So Rachel, Alessia and I started putting this meal together tonight, checking the book out, getting out our Paleo ingredients, and just having fun. Luckily we have an arsenal of Julian Bakery ingredients that take recipes to another level, so why not upgrade, right?
• 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin, diced
• 1 small red onion, finely diced
• ¼ cup Paleo MeeNut Butter
• 3-4 tbsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos
• 2 tbsp Y.S. Bee Farms Organic Raw Honey
• ¼ cup water
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
• Sunfood’s Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and pepper to taste
• Paleo Butter to melt in pan
1) In a small saucepan, add 2 tablespoons Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil.
2) Add garlic cloves and onions and begin to cook down.
3) When the onions have become translucent, add Paleo MeeNut Butter, 1 tablespoon Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil, Coconut Aminos, Organic Raw Honey, water, ginger, red pepper flakes, and a bit of Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and pepper into your saucepan and mix well.
4) Let simmer, uncovered for 6-8 minutes.
5) Once sauce has thickened, set aside.
6) Melt Paleo Butter in large pan.
7) Add pork when Paleo Butter is melted, and cook to your liking.
8) Pour the sauce over the pork, mix well and serve.
• 15 minutes
• 10 minutes
Tell me these ingredients do not sound incredible…. Well, they all blended harmoniously together, creating one helluva Paleo dinner!! And thanks to Julian Bakery with their plethora of the most organic Paleo items around, we made sure this recipe had the highest quality ingredients. And, we can’t forget about all the nutrients that are in this meal… Seriously, think about it. You have healthy fats in the Paleo MeeNut Butter, the Paleo Butter, and the Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil. You have hard to get nutrients in the Coconut Aminos, the Organic Raw Honey, and the Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt. I could go on and on, we know this stuff is healthy, organic, non-GMO, gluten free and even soy free… And this is why Julian Bakery offers them all in one hot spot, in their Paleo section; making your online shopping experience that much easier. And if you happen to live in California near one of their bakeries, check them out in person!
Thanks for checking out our review of OMG That’s Paleo? and our lovely dinner recipe. I hope you enjoyed it, and please stop by again to see more great meals using some awesome items that Julian Bakery offers!
Check Out This Other Article: Paleo Cereal From Julian Bakery
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page