Nom nom!!!! Such a great fit to help describe our passion for real, delicious foods. This is Dan from Primal4Life reviewing “Nom Nom Paleo – Food For Humans”, by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong. I’ve run into the Nom Nom Paleo blog in the past, and I’m sure that we’ve enjoyed some of their meals in the past…. But once I spotted Nom Nom Paleo available on Julian Bakery’s site, I made sure I got my copy. And boy am I glad I did! Every cookbook seems to have their own flair, a certain style, and a certain meal that really stands out. With Nom Nom Paleo you get a wide array of Paleolicious foods, recipes, and tips that will inspire you to cook up a Paleo storm!
I always love a great “How I found Paleo” story, and Michelle’s is no exception. Combined with lots of helpful tips, tricks, funny stories about her children and husband, this book is a great read. Then you get to the meals, and I am just floored…. The vivid colors, the amazing recipes, they literally cause me to salivate. They range from basic meals, to pretty involved, and yet they all seem to sound incredible. Listen to some of these recipes: “Pistachio Apple Salad”, “Walnut Prawns”, “Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs”, and some scrumptious “Big-O Bacon Burgers”!!! Meanwhile, she has some basic sauces as well as “Chicken Nuggets” so your kids can eat nuggets and sauces from quality sources.
[youtube id=N_I43em0FOw] So I decided to try “Chinese Egg Foo Young”, since it looks super tasty, I had most of the ingredients, and I thought it would go great with some Coconut Paleo Bread. With a few quality upgrades, thanks to Paleo products from Julian Bakery, we’ll have this whipped up in no time!
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup Coconut Secret – Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Paleo-friendly fish sauce
- ½ Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup diced ham or cooked meat of choice
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP minced fresh cilantro
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paleo Butter, for frying
- Paleo Bread
- Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt to taste
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut flour, fish sauce, and apple cider vinegar until smooth and lump-free. Stir in the ham, spinach (I used fresh kale after lightly sautéing in Paleo Butter), scallions, cilantro, and baking soda, and season with pepper to taste.
2) In a large skillet or griddle, heat a tablespoon of Paleo Butter over medium heat until shimmering. Scoop a quarter-cup of batter onto the skillet, and flatten with the back of a spoon until it’s about ½ inch in height. Let it cook undisturbed for three minutes, until golden brown.
3) Toast Paleo Bread in toaster oven.
4) Using a spatula, carefully flip over the egg foo young, and fry for another two to three minutes or until cooked through.
5) Serve on Paleo Bread, or transfer the patty to a wire rack, and repeat step 2 to cook up the remaining pancakes if you do not have room in your skillet.
6) Serve with Paleo Sriracha if you’re feeling spicy, I used a few dabs of BAO Raw Hot Sauce.
7) Add a dash of Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt to taste.
See! Not that tough to make, yet it was so delicious and filling!! Plus, we’ve used one of the highest quality ghee’s around: Paleo Butter! It’s a grass-fed French style ghee, which is virtually lactose free, and has vitamins A, D, and K2. Coconut Secret’s Coconut Flour is one of the purest and cleanest coconut flours. It’s GMO free, gluten free, unbleached, unrefined, as well as improves digestion and helps support the immune system! And finally, Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt comes into play, to not only season things up a little bit, but also to bump up the level of how nutritious this meal is. How? By providing eighty-four trace minerals in a form that can be easily assimilated and metabolized by the body. Traditional table salt is so out….
And last but not least, our Coconut Paleo Bread finishes this meal off, yet does not add in any starches, gluten, grains, GMO’s, soy, or dairy… And, it’s just thirty-five calories a slice and has only one net carb too! Personally, the more I toast it, the more I enjoy it, and the better my breakfast sandwich comes out!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and grab your copy of Nom Nom Paleo today…. While you are there, restock your freezer with some Paleo Bread, grab some Paleo Butter, and try some of the Coconut Secret –Coconut Flour too! Start enhancing your Paleo lifestyle ASAP, and start enjoying the beauty of real food, and real health! Thanks for stopping by to check out this Paleo food blog!!
Previous Blog Post: Primal Organic Roast Beef Paleo Wrap