Fill ‘em, roll ‘em, fry ‘em… Paleo Wraps are the ultimate way to enjoy taquitos too! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Tuna Taquitos”. Obviously we’ve seen Paleo Wraps done in many forms… And recently taquitos are hittin’ the scene! Today I am creating a delicious and healthy taquito with some Wild Planet wild albacore tuna, combined with some fresh guacamole.
Using some of the freshest canned tuna around, along with tasty avocados, great seasonings including onion and garlic powder, Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt, and fried in some organic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil, we are headed in the right direction already!
- 1 TBSP Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 2/3 can wild albacore tuna
- 2 Paleo Wraps
- 1.5 avocados
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 grape tomatoes, sliced
1) Make your guacamole using last eight ingredients, mix it all together well and set aside.
2) Lay out Paleo Wraps, and get your wild albacore tuna out. Place a third of a can of tuna on each wrap in a line across the wrap, through the center.
3) Now take some of that guacamole, and add it onto that line of tuna.
4) Add 1 TBSP Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil to a pan that is large enough to fit your taquitos in, and set to low heat.
5) Carefully roll your taquitos tightly; they should be under an inch in diameter when done. You can wet the last end of the Paleo Wrap slightly to allow it to stick to itself.
6) Place taquitos in warm pan, and allow them to sit for a minute. Carefully check for browning. Once they are browned, rotate taquito so you can brown the next section. Do this until you’ve gone all the way around.
7) Plate carefully, and top with the remainder of your guacamole. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
These “Tuna Tacquitos” were a great way to change up my Paleo Wraps and enjoy a different type of lunch! I really enjoyed these, and if you aren’t a tuna fan, use chicken, beef, veggies, or go Primal with some organic cheese! But know that Paleo Wraps are here for the long haul, they will handle the job and add in a nice, mild coconut flair to your awesome Paleo Taquitos! And, they don’t add anything we are trying to steer clear of; GMO’s, gluten, soy, dairy, grains, starch, nada!!!! Just a great, low carb, low calorie wrap that works in many, many ways!
Go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo today, and order up your Paleo Wraps so that you too can enjoy taquitos once again, in a healthy manner!
Previous Blog Post: Tipsy Piggy Paleo Sandwich Recipe