This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Julian Bakery’s Paleo Turkey Sloppy Joes.” After having a great BBQ Beef Sandwich last week with Paleo Bread, I couldn’t help but crave another one. Tonight’s dinner starts off with ground turkey, so we’re making Paleo Turkey Sloppy Joes! With a couple healthy Paleo products that Julian Bakery offers, we are taking this meal to a new level. Coconut Secret – Coconut Crystals instead of honey or sugar is quite the step in the right direction. Being gluten and GMO free, along with being unbleached and unrefined, as well as nutritious for you, it’s a great switch. Yes, I did say it was nutritious, as it has seventeen amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad spectrum B vitamins, and it also has a nearly neutral pH. Next on the list of ingredients that we used from Julian Bakery is the Paleo Powder. We learned about this product a few months ago, and ever since we’ve been using it in recipes to give it just the right amount of spice. Paleo Powder is made without gluten or MSG, and is a blend of chili Powder, pepper blend, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. And, it goes great on just about any protein, as well as vegetables and even eggs! It’s become one of our go-to items whenever a recipe calls for cumin, or paprika, or any spice… We compliment it with Paleo Powder!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion – diced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Secret – Coconut Crystals
- 1/8 teaspoon Paleo Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 slices almond Paleo Bread
1) Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2) Add onion; cook and stir until onion starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
3) Season with sea salt and black pepper.
4) Mix ground turkey and 1/2 cup cold water into onions. Cook and stir, breaking up the meat, until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
6) Stir in Worcestershire sauce and cocoa powder. Cook, stirring frequently and adding up to 1 cup water if needed, until meat is cooked through and liquid is reduced and thick, 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Toast Paleo Bread and serve with turkey when done.
• 5 minutes
• 45 minutes
We couldn’t have been happier with this dinner… All natural ingredients, lots of taste and flavor, and a ton of great nutrients to go along for the ride. Julian Bakery is our Paleo place to pick up great items like the Paleo Powder, the Coconut Crystals, and the almond Paleo Bread…. Speaking of, that almond Paleo Bread has recently been upgraded with a touch of coconut flour to bring out the taste and also to soften up the texture. It still is GMO free, Gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and of course is still low in calories and carbs. Plus, it still has fiber and protein to keep you satiated longer, along with healthy fats which we all need!
So make sure you check out www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for the items used in this Paleo meal….. While you are there, check out the new Nogii Paleo Bars, which are delicious, gluten-free, and come in three Paleo-approved flavors! Thanks for checking us out, and please stop by again soon for more meals made with ultimate ingredients brought to you from Julian Bakery!
Dan From Primal4Life
Check Out Our Last Blog Post: Coconut Secreat Organic Coconut Bar Review