It’s party time! And what better way to show your love to others than with great food? This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you an “Italian Primal Pizza with Free-Range Chicken”. Yeah you read that right! Pizza!!!!!! Ever since Julian Bakery has been selling their Paleo Pizza Crust Mix we’ve been lovin’ it up! And since we had some family coming by to spend a gorgeous day with us, we’ve decided to make a couple pizzas; one for the kids and one for the adults.
In minutes, we’ve formed our two ten-inch pizza crusts, from just one bag of Paleo Pizza Crust Mix. You can make one large pizza, or two mediums…. With just a quarter cup of water for each ten-inch pizza, it mixes right up and is ready to cook. We are attempting this one on the grill, with a pizza stone, or you can ditch the stone if you were using a traditional oven for a less crispy pizza crust. One of our pizzas will be a simple sauce and cheese, the other is the one I’m going to elaborate for you. With some free-range chicken, fresh slivered garlic, sliced red onion, fresh chopped rosemary, organic tomato sauce, organic mozzarella cheese (which makes this Primal), and some EVOO drizzled on top, we’re headed in the right direction for a great Italian style pizza, but without the gluten!! Yes, Paleo Pizza Crust Mix is gluten free, grain free, and yeast free as well. It’s made from quality ingredients such as: almond flour, arrowroot flour, pumpkin powder, dried egg whites, and xanthan gum. And it’s pretty low in carbs too which is awesome if you are trying to keep the carb count low.
- ½ Paleo Pizza Crust Mix
- 3 oz free-range chicken, cut into small chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1/3 red onion, sliced
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Several slices of organic mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP EVOO to drizzle
- Sunfood SuperFoods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Mix ¼ cup of water with ½ pouch of the Paleo Pizza Crust Mix and a pinch of salt. Form a ball, place on parchment paper, and spread out into a 10” crust. Some almond/coconut flour will help if you are using a roller.
- Prick crust all over with a fork, place on pizza stone and place in oven/grill.
- Cook 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove, add all of your toppings, and add crust back to oven/grill for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove crust, carefully slice, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
What an amazing experience it was, to share not just a home-made pizza with our family, but to be able to wow them with a Paleo Pizza! “This is Paleo???” “What’s it made out of?“ “Where do you get this pizza crust?” were just a handful of the comments and questions that immediately were said once the eating had begun. It’s such a great feeling to help spread the Paleo word, but it’s even better when it’s done with Paleo foods!
So check out www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for their Paleo Pizza Crust Mix. It’s an item that should not be passed up, especially if you are missing out on pizza! Thanks for taking some time to preview this delicious and gluten-free pizza, and I hope it wowed you enough to inspire you to create your own Paleo Pizza!
Previous Blog Post: Paleo (Legume Free) Hummus Dip Recipe w/ Almond Thin Crackers!