If you are looking for something new, fresh and exciting, here’s a wonderful Paleo Wrap combo for you to sink your teeth into! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a “Grilled Chicken & Wilted Slaw Paleo Wrap!”
With a great marinade, and a terrific slaw, made with fully Paleo ingredients, you’ll be livin’ it up, feelin’ good, and in a good mood! We are bringing out some of our favorite Julian Bakery products that will amp this meal up just right. Coconut Secret – Coconut Vinegar is a great vinegar choice, loaded with vitamins, kept gluten free, organic, and GMO-free too! It’s also made from the sap of a coconut tree, and check this out from Coconut Secret: “Vinegar made from this natural sap, is an unheated, enzymatically alive product, naturally aged for 8 months to one year.” No heat means it wasn’t destroyed, and it’s that much healthier for you!
We then used some Original Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil, a fantastic cooking oil that is pourable, GMO-free, organic, and has medium chain triglycerides. Here’s a little tidbit on coconut oil: “Once thought of as unhealthy, coconut oil is now recognized as one of the healthiest oils on earth, highlighted in various media outlets while gaining a strong consumer following for its health and nutritional benefits. With its increased MFCA content and a wider range of applications, Premium Liquid Coconut Oil is uniquely positioned to address the needs of health conscious consumers. “
Next up on our Paleo product lineup: Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Honey! Sweetened with Xylitol means it’s sugar-free, it has health benefits from the Xylitol itself, and carb count is next to nothing. Just one net carb for a tablespoon! And, only 25 calories too! And if you’re curious about Xylitol, its anti-bacterial, helps your gut, and…. Well, check this out! “Xylitol is a 5-carbon sugar alcohol that is ideal for diabetics and those concerned about sugar intake. Unlike sugar, Xylitol has a very low glycemic index, has fewer calories, and is good for your teeth.”
Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt was our salt of choice tonight…. Why? Cause it’s tasty, it has 84 trace minerals that our bodies can use for its benefit, and it’s pure! “From deep within the Himalayan mountains come 250 million year old pure salt crystals. Unlike common table salt – a highly refined industrial product otherwise known as sodium chloride-Himalayan salt is completely pure and can help the body regulate water content and pH balance, as well as facilitate the absorption of nutrients from our food.”
Ingredients (for the marinade):
- 3 TBSP Coconut Secret Coconut Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Honey
- 3 TBSP Original Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- ¾ tsp ground allspice
- ¾ tsp Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt
- ¾ tsp Ground black pepper
- 6 free-range chicken breasts, or thighs if you prefer!
Ingredients (for the slaw):
- 6 TBSP Coconut Secret Coconut Vinegar
- 2 tsp Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Honey
- 6 slices organic nitrate-free bacon
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, lightly crushed
- ½ bag classic coleslaw
- ½ bag shredded red cabbage
- 2 scallions, sliced
1) Cook bacon to your liking, we cook it in the oven at 375 for about 25 minutes on a baking sheet. Then crumble when cool. Reserve 2 tablespoons of your bacon fat, or use additional coconut oil for step 6.
3) In a large ziplock bag or container, combine chicken and marinade, and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4) Remove chicken from marinade, and grill until fully cooked (about 5 minutes per side).
6) Heat bacon fat (or coconut oil) over medium-high heat, cook caraway seeds, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coleslaw, vinegar mixture, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until cabbage is just wilted, about 1 minute.
7) Remove skillet from heat; add scallions and crumbled bacon. Toss together.
8) Slice chicken, and add chicken and slaw to your Paleo Wrap.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Just looking at this come together, you can tell that it was destined to be an amazing meal. Guess what… It was! Our final Paleo product that holds everything together is the Paleo Wrap! No other wrap can come close, since Paleo Wraps are made with coconut, and do not include gluten, grains, soy, GMO’s, starch, or added salt. They are raw, vegan, and absolutely delicious. They can be enjoyed in a multitude of ways, and this recipe is definitely up there as well! Calorie counters, each Paleo Wrap has just 70 calories! Eating low carb? Only four net carbs per wrap! Concerned over ingredients? Don’t fret; it’s just organic coconut meat, coconut water, and unrefined virgin coconut oil.
Where can you get these exquisite Paleo products? Well at www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo of course! It’s the first place I look for the latest and greatest of products to allow me to feel good, to get me “keto”, and to eat clean! So if you are looking to burn fat, feel good, eat right, and get your Paleo from a place you can trust, head on over to Julian Bakery dot com slash Paleo!
Thanks for checking out another tasty wrap recipe, meant to fill you up and fuel you right. Keep checking back for more delicious meals, with Julian Bakery’s finest of products!
Previous Blog Post: Basil Red Onion Paleo Wrap Omelet (Keto)