Hey folks, this is Dan from Primal4Life coming at you with yet another tasty meal. This here is the “Grilled steak and goat cheese”. This is not your typical Philly steak and cheese, but a much healthier version! To simplify things, I used leftovers. In my honest opinion, leftovers make some of the best meals and save you a ton of time. The steak, which is an “Eye of the round”, was last night’s dinner. Building from there, I asked myself what I could do to make this eye of the round that much better. Normally I am all about meat and veggies. But sometimes you have to stray, and add to the plate for more taste. I also had the craving for a grilled-cheese (Diary is discretionary when it comes to the Paleo/Primal community, if you can handle it, go for it). Well, I decided to go with it, out come some healthy ingredients from the fridge, and on goes the gas burner with a frying pan and some butter!
2 slices coconut Paleo Bread™ (1 Impact Carb w/ 5g Of Protein & Fiber Per Slice)
1 4-6 oz piece of organic grass-fed steak (your choice)
1 slice goat cheese
1 thick slice of tomato
¼ cup sauerkraut
1 handful of spinach leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
Butter (preferably from Grass-Fed cows, coconut oil could be used in place of butter).
1) Toast Paleo Bread to defrost. I personally broil the slices for about 3 minutes on high in my toaster oven. You can also add leftover steak to toaster oven, or slightly nuke it. If you are going to cook a fresh piece of steak, I would do that first and add a few minutes to prep/cook time.
2) While defrosting bread, warm up frying pan with butter (or coconut oil).
3) When fully toasted, transfer Paleo Bread to frying pan. Salt & pepper wherever you desire during this step.
4) Add spinach, steak, goat cheese, sauerkraut, tomato, and second slice of Paleo Bread
5) Let sandwich sit for a couple minutes
6) Flip to other slice, and allow to sit for another couple minutes, or until bread is cooked to your liking.
7) Remove from pan carefully, as the bread will be hot, and enjoy.
- 5 minute (more if you are going are grilling/cooking a fresh piece of beef).
- 10 minutes
This was a delicious grilled steak and cheese; sorry it offends anyone in the Philly area…. But this is a much healthier version and you know it! With Julian Bakery’s Paleo Bread and the lack of a blood-sugar spike, quality grass-fed beef, delicious goat cheese, nutrient rich spinach, and probiotic rich sauerkraut, Philly’s steak and cheese sandwiches never had a chance in the health department. Plus, I still feel good afterwards. :o)
Hopefully you agree with me, and feel that this nutritious and delicious sandwich is here to stay.
Many More Paleo Recipes & Meals Here
Are You Paleo? Then Try Some Recipes From Our Paleo Bread Blog
Julian Bakery LinkedIn Page