Most people who begin the conversion into the Primal/Paleo lifestyle usually struggle trying to remove pasta from their diet. Julian Bakery makes a great product called Miracle Noodles that is practically carb free. I use Miracle Noodles in numerous dishes because it can be used just like rice or noodles. Being that I have been grain free for the last couple of years, I have become a big fan of Miracle Noodles and many of the other Julian Bakery low carb products. In this recipe I use Miracle Noodles, but you can use Miracle Rice if you so desire (click here to see me using Miracle Rice).
As with almost all my Primal/Paleo approved recipes, this bad boy is quick and to the point. Not to say it is just about shoveling something down your throat, as this is truly a delicious recipe for the ages!
– Prepare your fish by first leaving it out long enough to get to room temperature. This will make your fish cook much faster and more evenly. I’m using a fillet of wild caught halibut, but you can use any fish you desire. Just make sure it is wild caught as farmed fish contains many toxins just like your mass-produced animal meat from conventional farms.
*This recipe makes enough for one to two people.
– Coat both sides of your fillet with coconut oil, as this will help keep it moist during cooking.
– On the top side of the fillet lightly coat with onion powder and a pinch of sea salt.
– Rinse your Miracle Noodles and place to the side.
– Chop about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro and 1 whole tomato and put to the side.
– Put two egg yolks, 4oz or coconut milk, 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder, two pinches of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a bowl.
– You can mix in a mixing bowl or I recommend a blender. Put to the side for now.
You now have all your ingredients ready to go.
– This is a good time to start cooking your fish by the time the fish is done you should have your noodles and curry sauce prepared as well. I prefer to grill my fish for this recipe.
– Pre-heat your pan (low to medium temperature) that you will be cooking with and melt 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
– Poor in the entire bag of Miracle Noodles in pre-heated pan.
– Poor entire contents of mixed curry sauce with noodles and mix together.
– You do not want to cook the curry sauce and noodles, just heat them enough to be hot, but not too hot, as you will cook the egg yolks.
This is an incredibly simple healthy meal. Most people are intimidated by cooking healthy, but I can prepare, eat my meal and clean my dishes before you can go to the closest toxic fast food joint and get your food. Best part, it is far cheaper than that chemical filled meal that will wreck your health and increase your waistline.
Gary Collins’ Background
Collins’ background is very unique and brings a much-needed perspective to today’s fields of both health and nutrition. He holds an AS degree in Exercise Science, BS in Criminal Justice and a MS in Forensic Science.
After an exciting career in military intelligence Collins worked for the U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a Special Agent. His career took him around the world and gave him a unique perspective on not only how the United States, but the world is affected by our food, drug and healthcare policies.
The highlights of his career took him from protecting some of the most powerful people in the world to investigations involving the biggest tainted pet food death case in the U.S. to the intricate dealings of one of the largest counterfeit prescription drug rings in the world. He has often said, “If Americans really knew what was going on in the area of healthcare and nutrition in this country, they would be appalled.”
Products – www.NewAmericanNutrition.com
Blog, newsletter, resources and products – www.GarysHealthTips.com
Facebook – www.Facebook.com/NewAmericanNutrition
Twitter – twitter.com/PrimalPaleoGuy