Popeye wishes this version of spinach was available back in the day!!! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Curried Creamed Spinach and Steak Dinner”. Plants and animals, with a side of Paleo Bread of course! That’s generally how we roll ‘round here. Eating delicious meals, enjoying some wonderful flavors, and having the choice to indulge in some “bread”; except its healthy too! When people say “Just stop eating bread in order to lose weight….” They are absolutely correct, to a point. With Paleo Bread, you aren’t getting those GMO grains, you aren’t getting a blood-sugar spike, and you are getting nutrients and healthy fats that aren’t in your average slice of bread. Paleo Bread is made with great ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour, egg whites, apple cider vinegar, and filtered water. And it’s low in carbs and calories to assist you in your weight loss journey. So now do you see why we have the ability to enjoy a slice or two with a meal? And what’s cool is that it lasts around three months in the freezer, thanks Julian Bakery! But I doubt it’ll stick around that long, it never does in this house!
This meal starts off with marinating our steaks… Make sure you let ‘em sit, and soak up that delicious flavor! Once marinated, we start the “Curried Creamed Spinach” from Primal Cravings – Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo. If you haven’t picked up this awesome cookbook, you really should! It has an incredible selection of delicious Paleo meals, desserts, snacks, and sides. This side is very simple to make, and has only a handful of ingredients… All Paleo of course!
INGREDIENTS (for the steak/marinade):
- 2 beef steaks
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
INGREDIENTS (For the spinach):
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Butter
- 15 oz baby-spinach leaves
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon mild or sweet curry powder
- Sunfood Superfoods Fine Himalayan Salt to taste
1) Combine beef, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, and garlic in a large zip-lock bag; seal.
2) Marinate for at least one hour in the fridge, turning occasionally.
3) In a large sauté pan, heat Paleo Butter over medium heat and add spinach.
4) Stir spinach around until it begins to wilt.
5) Continue to cook about two more minutes to evaporate excess liquid.
6) Add the coconut milk, curry powder, and Himalayan Salt. Stir to combine and cook for about one minute.
7) Taste and add more curry if you’d like.
8) Cook steaks to your liking, and season with Himalayan Salt and black pepper.
9) Grill Paleo Bread with steaks, or toast separately if you prefer.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
This meal had it all….. A killer protein that was nicely marinated… A very savory and healthy “Curried Creamed Spinach” cooked up in Paleo Butter… And a nicely grilled slice of coconut Paleo Bread! Everything went well together, and we were all extremely pleased with the end result. Julian Bakery makes this happen; not just from the Paleo Bread, but with some of the great Paleo ingredients that we used to bring in more taste and nutrition! I hope you enjoyed this meal, and remember; in order to make this meal happen, you can order up the items used from www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo – along with the great cookbook that has it all: Primal Cravings!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: