According to Wikipedia, spring rolls are “a large variety of filled, rolled appetizers.” I wonder how they’d describe these “Paleo Spring Rolls!” This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you another delicious meal, using the new Paleo Wrap from Julian Bakery! Since I lightly fried up a Paleo Wrap the other day and enjoyed it several ways, my mind started racing with new and fresh Paleo ideas. Spring rolls came to mind, it’s been years since I’ve had Chinese food and I think it’s about time! Except no MSG, gluten, soy or starch here, just honest to goodness organic ingredients!
I decided to enjoy these “Paleo Spring Rolls” in a fried and a toasted version, to show you just how versatile the Paleo Wrap really is. The easiest method would obviously be straight up, right out of the Paleo Wrap package…. But I’m up for a challenge! I use one of the best coconut oils around to lightly fry; Original Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil… Why? Because it’s GMO-free and organic, plus it’s pourable, which equates to no fuss, no mess, and no garbage ingredients. Just love… Once we lightly fry the Paleo Wrap for about 30-45 seconds per side, and get a little brown going, I carefully pull it from the pan, allow the oils to drip off, and quickly plate and add my protein and veggies…. I went with shrimp, shredded carrots/cucumber/scallion, and some Paleo Noodles. The Paleo Noodles are guilt-free, zero calories, non-GMO, and a perfect addition to these “Paleo Spring Rolls!”
- 2 Paleo Wraps
- ½ lb shrimp
- Shredded carrot
- Shredded cucumber
- Shredded or chopped scallions
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Original Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos
- Himalayan Salt
- 1 bag Paleo Noodles
1) Cook shrimp to your liking, I boiled mine.
2) Boil water, and cook your washed Paleo Noodles for 1-2 minutes, then rinse and set aside.
4) Lightly fry Paleo Wrap for about 45 seconds per side.
5) Carefully remove Paleo Wrap from pan, allow oil to drip off, then plate and immediately add shrimp, Paleo Noodles, carrots, cucumber, scallions, mint leaves, and a sprinkle of Himalayan Salt. Then roll/wrap up the “Paleo Spring Roll”, and cut in ½. See step 9 if Paleo Wrap feels too crispy.
6) With the 2nd Paleo Wrap, either enjoy it as it, or lightly toast, it’s your decision.
7) If you decide to toast, lightly toast in a toaster oven, and watch carefully for it to brown.
8) Remove, and quickly add toppings as you previously did in step 5.
9) If Paleo Wrap feels too crispy, as if it’s going to crack before you roll/wrap it, place in toaster oven or heat up lightly to allow it to get pliable again.
10) Serve with a side of Coconut Secret – Coconut Aminos as a dipping sauce.
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 10 Minutes
MAKES: 2 Paleo Spring Rolls
Once I add the items into my fried Paleo Wrap, I carefully roll it, cut it, and plate. If you feel that it’s a little too crisp, stop…. Put it in a toaster oven, heat it somehow, just a tad….. I noticed with a little warmth, it becomes pliable again, and you can finish the job. The second wrap I ended up toasting lightly in a toaster oven, just for about a minute. Once I saw some browning happening, I yanked it, and finished it up with my shrimp, veggies, and more of the Paleo Noodles.
When it came to taste, it had it all…. A nice crisp coconut bite from the Paleo Wrap, a lovely shrimp texture and flavor, lots of veggies mixed in, and a hint of that Himalayan Salt that I’ve been loving from Julian Bakery. What made this better was my complex and hard to make dipping sauce… Coconut Aminos, that’s it! Tastes similar to soy, but much healthier for you! And if you didn’t get the joke, the dipping sauce was just one ingredient. So easy, a caveman can do it!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and grab these awesome items that made these “Paleo Spring Rolls” come to life! I loved them, and so will you and your guests! And remember, the Paleo Wraps are low in carbs, calories, and do not have GMO’s, gluten, grains, dairy, or soy… They taste great, and as you can see they are super versatile and easy to work with! Thanks for taking time out of your day to check out my Paleo food blog using great items from Julian Bakery, and have a great day!
Check Us Out On Pinterest: Julian Bakery Page
Check Out This Other Article: