I’m always in the mood for bacon!!! Umm, who isn’t? This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Big-O-Bacon Burgers on Paleo Bread”. With crispy nitrate-free bacon, savory mushrooms, and quality grass-fed ground beef, topped with both versions of Paleo Bread, I’m lovin’ life tonight!!!!! We opened up Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans and spotted these incredibly lovely looking burgers, and couldn’t resist trying them out. And since we are recreating these burgers with top notch ingredients, they are going to be incredibly healthy and nutritious… Plus, we are using Paleo Bread to sandwich this up, so I can remain pain-free yet I still get to enjoy bread again! Who hoo!!!!!!!
Paleo Bread is filling, since it has a decent amount of fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer. It’s low in carbs, so if you choose to opt for a low-carb lifestyle, you can! Otherwise you have the option to eat more…. They are made gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and GMO-free as well, so they are above and beyond what any other breads can claim as healthy. And, since they are made with almond and coconut flour, they fit right into the Paleo lifestyle! And with healthy cooking fat options like PrimalFat Coconut Ghee, Paleo Butter or Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil you are covered in many ways thanks to Julian Bakery!
- Paleo Bread
- 1 TBSP PrimalFat Coconut Ghee / Paleo Butter / Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, minced
- 4 oz bacon, cross-cut into small pieces
- 1 pound ground-beef
- 1.5 tsp Quantum Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toppings of your choice
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy, then set aside on a plate covered with paper towel.
- In another skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil of your choice, and sauté the cremini mushrooms until the liquid they release has cooked off. Set aside the cooked mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bacon, and cremini mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, gently combine the ingredients. Be careful not to overwork the meat. Divide the mixture into 4 portions (or more, if you’re making sliders), and use your hands to flatten each into ¾ inch thick patties.
- Grill your burgers to your liking, while toasting/grilling your Paleo Bread.
- Top with your favorite toppings, I opted for pickle slices, avocado, and organic ketchup.
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 4 burgers
Now go for it, take a bite… Savor that juicy beef, with soft mushroom bits and crispy bacon chunks. Teamed up with (healthy) toppings of your choice, and stuffed between two slices of Paleo Bread for the win, you just enjoyed what most restaurants would charge big bucks for…. A gourmet burger, yet it’s fully Paleo! Thanks to Nom Nom Paleo, you too can easily make meals like this, and enjoy them with Paleo Bread or even stuffed in a Paleo Wrap! Both are low-carb, both are tasty, healthy, and work well in so many ways! Don’t believe me? Check out the Julian Bakery Blog section and let your eyes feast on all the wonderful ways you can eat Paleo!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and grab a copy of Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans today!! And restock your freezer with more Paleo Bread while you are there! They now offer Cinnamon Raisin and Honey as well, which are uhhmazing, yet still free of all the bad things we have learned to avoid. Thanks for stopping by to check out this Paleo meal, and please come again!