Who would’a thunk it? A slice of pizza at only twelve net carbs? No way! Yes way! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a “Basil Bacon & Tomato Primal Pizza”. Google it and you’ll see that a regular slice of pizza has an average of thirty six carbs per slice…. Cutting back on carbs is one way to get healthy, drop the pounds, feel better, and gain many other positive attributes in life. And since Julian Bakery has introduced their Paleo Pizza Crust Mix with just twelve net carbs per slice, along with four grams of protein and just one hundred and thirty calories; you can see which is closer to being a little slice of heaven!
And it’s not just about the numbers, ingredients matter. The Paleo Pizza Crust Mix consists of almond flour, arrowroot flour, pumpkin powder, dried egg whites, and xanthan gum (derived from fruit!). No GMO’s, no yeast, no gluten or grains, no soy, just quality ingredients that allow you to eat pizza without a huge blood sugar spike. Don’t believe it? It’s true…. Julian Bakery is the only company that posts their lab verified nutritional information online. This allows for exact nutritional information which is ideal for those looking to not spike their blood sugar level as well as to know exactly what you are consuming.
- Paleo Pizza Crust Mix
- 3 strips organic nitrate free bacon, cut into small pieces after being cooked
- 7 slices fresh tomato
- 7 thick slices of fresh organic mozzarella
- ½ cup sliced basil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Quantum Pink Salt & ground black pepper to taste
1) Prepare pizza crust mix by adding ½ cup water, a pinch of sea salt, and following directions on packing (knead, roll out on parchment paper, and prick with fork).
2) Meanwhile, start cooking your bacon.
3) Place on pizza stone, then into oven or grill at 425F for roughly 10 minutes.
4) Flip, add toppings, and cook for another 10 minutes, or until all toppings are fully cooked.
5) Season with sea salt and ground black pepper, and serve!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Makes: 1 14” crust or 2 10” crusts
Today’s Paleo Pizza is actually Primal, since we are topping this deliciousness with organic mozzarella. That lovely cheese (which is totally optional!) is melted on top of some awesome Applegate bacon, fresh tomato slices, lots of basil, garlic slivers galore, and some healthy Quantum Pink Salt and freshly ground black pepper. It sounded incredible, came out amazing, and our guests were extremely intrigued. Meanwhile I was able to feel great before, during and after each of the few slices that I enjoyed. No other pizza on the planet does this for me, and there’s no other pizza mix that I can honestly recommend to others. If you have autoimmune issues, suffer from Celiac or a gluten sensitivity, want to lose weight, or just want to eat healthier, the Paleo Pizza Crust Mix allows enjoy some pizza and hit that goal!
Watch this how to video for this recipe here:
So go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo to grab some great Paleo items, or stop into their La Jolla or Oceanside locations in California. Thanks for reading about this healthier pizza option, I hope you enjoyed it, and please stop by again for more scrumptious meal ideas!