Its dinner time, and I am so in the mood for a savory sandwich… This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Baked Lemon Chicken & Mushrooms on Paleo Bread.” Once again, Julian Bakery comes to the rescue with their Paleo Bread, otherwise I wouldn’t be eating a sandwich! I’ve done the gluten free breads, I’ve done wraps; nothing worked for me. But when I found Paleo Bread (and now the Paleo Wrap!), I noticed the ingredients were not just gluten-free, but made with coconut and/or almond, I knew someone was using their noggin! With no side-effects, no headaches, no disrupted stomach, I am a believer as well as a promoter… Anyone looking to have a healthy slice of bread, or even do strict Paleo, this is the bread for you! And it doesn’t end there, Julian Bakery is committed in providing you with the highest quality, most organic products around; from their new Paleo Wraps to the tasty Paleo Macaroons, and even their super organic Paleo Chocolate, you can’t go wrong!!
This lemon chicken is a perfect protein to wedge in between your Paleo Bread, especially since it’s cooked up in some Lemon Herb Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil and seasoned with Sunfood Super Foods Fine Himalayan Crystal Salt and black pepper. Both products are organic, and clean as a whistle! Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil is pourable, and eliminates the need to heat up your coconut oil! And, it’s GMO free and organic, as well as being naturally flavored! And the Himalayan Salt provides you with 84 trace minerals that are essential…. No table salt is going to do that!
- 6 organic chicken breasts halves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Herb Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup organic chicken broth
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut Paleo Bread
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Place Lemon Herb Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil in an 8×8 glass baking dish/
3) Place the chicken breasts in the dish, coating each side with the oil.
4) Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon over all.
5) Slice the rest of the lemon and place two lemon slices on top of each chicken piece.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until brown.
7) In a large skillet, heat Garlic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil and add the sliced mushrooms.
8) Cook and stir until the mushrooms are brown and have exuded their juices, about 6 minutes.
9) Sprinkle with the arrowroot powder and blend.
10) Add the chicken broth, stirring to make a medium thick sauce.
11) Allow to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce.
12) Season with Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste.
13) Toast Paleo Bread to your liking, and spoon the mushroom sauce over the chicken when serving.
• 15 minutes
• 60 minutes
While assembling this awesome sandwich, I was beginning to drool!!! The lemon herb Nuco Coconut Oil combined with the real lemon juice allowed this chicken to really stand out! And when Rach put the mushrooms on top of the chicken, which had the Garlic Nuco Coconut Oil, oh my!!!! This was a beautiful Paleo combination that allowed my crispy coconut Paleo Bread to soak up that homemade mushroom gravy. Loads of gravy savory taste, soft mushrooms, tasty lemon chicken, and a crispy yet soft Paleo Bread from top to bottom.
So as long as you make sure you pick up some hormone free, organic chicken and broth, the rest is in the bag! Julian Bakery makes this a no-brainer, since they offer Paleo Bread; a GMO-free, organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and even yeast-free bread…. It allows you to stay in ketosis, if that’s what you are gunnin’ for. But even if you aren’t aiming for “super low carb”, you can rest assured that you aren’t going to be jackin’ up your blood sugar levels, and you are getting the best bread on the block. Your stomach will thank you! And with the other fine Paleo products that we’ve included in this meal, you are not just enjoying a wonderful sandwich, you now have one that is caveman approved due to all natural ingredients!
Thanks for taking a few preview my “Baked Lemon Chicken & Mushrooms on Paleo Bread”. I really hope you enjoy this meal if you decide to make it, and if you do please let me know how you liked it! Make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for all of the great items used to allow this to come together, and please have a great day!