Are you looking for a wonderful breakfast option that is delicious yet still Paleo? Look no further, thanks to Julian Bakery and the Make it Paleo cookbook by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Eggs Paleo”. Once we saw the colors popping off page fifty-five in Make It Paleo, we had to have this for breakfast ASAP!! We’ll be stacking this over a couple slices of that low carb and gluten-free Paleo Bread™; so we’ll be enjoying quite a delicious meal!
Make it Paleo is loaded with insanely good Paleo meals, treats, salads, sauces, as well as some healthy Paleo tips! We picked up our copy through Julian Bakery, while loading up our cart with Paleo Bread™ and Paleo Wraps™, easy as Paleo pie!
We start off with yummy organic bacon cooking up…. Then, we begin with this incredible avocado drizzle that is worth making for other meals on its own. Slice up some tomatoes, toast up your Paleo Bread™, and poach some eggs… Done! Wait, poaching eggs? Scared? Don’t be… It’s quite simple, you can do it! Make it Paleo has a poaching tip at the bottom of the page, but we decided to check out some poaching tips online… What we found was to use a pan with at least three inches of water in it, and for every cup of water, add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Once the water is boiling, carefully add in your eggs, remove from heat, cover, and let them sit. If you like the yolks runny, go for five or six minutes. If you aren’t a fan of the runny yolk, opt for seven to eight minutes. Then, using a slotted spoon, carefully remove and plate your eggs. It’s not that tough folks, give it a shot and see how you do!!! Be adventurous!
Ingredients (for 1 egg):
- Paleo Bread™
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 large slice of tomato
- ½ avocado
- Juice of ½ a lemon (for the avocado drizzle)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP lemon juice per cup of water being boiled
- Quantum Pink Salt & black pepper to taste
1) Cook bacon over medium heat, allow to cool, then crumble; set aside.
2) Rinse tomato under cold water, and slice into ¼ inch thick pieces.
3) Place the meat of ½ avocado in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, and 3 tablespoons of water.
4) Blend until the avocado drizzle is a smooth consistency.
5) Place egg in 3” of boiling water (with 1 teaspoon lemon juice per cup of boiling water). Remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for 5-6 minutes for a runny yolk, 7-8 minutes for a firm yolk.
6) Toast Paleo Bread to your liking.
7) Plate dish by stacking the tomato on the Paleo Bread™, the then the egg on the tomato slice. Liberally dress with the avocado drizzle, then sprinkle with Quantum Pink Salt, black pepper, and finish off with bacon crumbles.
Sounds delicious, looks delicious, and guess what… It is delicious!!!!!!!!!! And with our Paleo Bread being made from either almond or coconut, GMO-free, soy-free, and grain free, we truly are eating a Paleo breakfast! And since each slice has just one net carb, and low in calories, it’s not just for us Paleo people. Healthy eaters, people looking to slim down and shape up; Paleo Bread is for the masses.
So make sure you check out www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo where you can get your Paleo Bread, a copy of Make it Paleo, and that savory and healthy Quantum Pink Salt. Thanks for taking a moment out of your day to check out this Paleo meal, and please stop by again soon!